Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Shopping..

kingroon

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi all,

I'm having a look at getting [back*] into a 997 in the New Year, specifically a Gen 1.. I have a Hit List [obvs!], and this one ticks almost all of the boxes with the exception of a mention of RMS & IMS work / attention etc.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-Por...balt-Blue-3-Pre-Owners-Hpi-Clear/143444981155

Wondering if anyone here owns / knows of the car / owner etc..?

* I have owned a 997.2S and 997.2TTS..

Attachments

• s_l1600_850.jpg
    s_l1600_850.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 2,211
I don't know the car but I'd want a PPI to include a Borescope done as a minimum. Also, he's removed quite a lot of stuff and I'd need to be assured that it had been done properly.
Good luck.

Yep, that would be part of the buying process; especially with this one, being a High Miler..

OPC offer the Bore Scope service, right..?

Look for an indy to do the PPI and borescope as OPC seem to want to charge around £600 for something that should cost around £350.

The 3.6 manual has the lowers risk of borescore although its not unheard of but much lower risk , the cars an 07 so will have the newer better IMS bearing . mileage is highish ave mileage for a 911 is 7k pa so it should be at 84k to be ave, but the price is fair .three owners is also low .

The current owner has done a fair amount of mods to it which means he's enjoyed it probably driven it regularly and used it as a fast road car which is just how they should be used. If it checks out ok it could be a lovely car with some nice handling improvement mods done to it . You can easily check to make sure its been driven how it should but not abused by checking the over revs .

:thumb: :thumb:

Looks like a bit of a track car with that sort of spec. I'd walk away from that one myself. Doesn't seem like that good value given the miles, suppose if it checks out on a PPI then worth considering and trying to drive the price down around the context you'd want to put most of the parts back on.

I'd want air con (have you ever driven on track without?) and I'd probably want to deep clean the drivers' seat (assuming it hasn't been stored in the shed), but the mods in and of themselves wouldn't put me off. It's all about the history, condition, and evidence of frequent oil changes.

You were serious then when you said you fancied 997.1
I can see the method in your madness with it being partially stripped, also no sun roof, manual......

It's not Silver and it has no brown leather interior 😂

There are better examples about for the money, and as said No air con, I drove mine with failed air con this summer and it was hideous, not sure what made it 10 times worse than a normal car without AC but I'd struggle without it, I got mine with no sun roof, manual factory short shift, no rear wiper and Sport Design steering wheel, I also bought a number plate for it !
:thumb:

Good luck with the hunt,

:eek:

OH My word !!!!! Have you put a deposit on that !

Hahaha no.. :D

Nice though isn't it.. I remember seeing it on the Cridfords Website..

Just spoke to the Cobalt Blue [above] owner, sounds like a decent enough chap.. He's sending me over some photos from the Service Book..

He is the one who has stripped out the A/C, Stereo etc. for want of a lighter & simpler modern 911, it just doesn't suit his tastes as a car; he prefers classics, specifically Minis.. He has had it 18 months or so..

What? Aircon and all stated items taken out? How much crack can someone inhale to save very little in weight? Sod that!! I want all the car not bits missing, this is when id walk away laughing in jest!! But seriously not to offend but thats stupid!.

You can find other 997's complete....

Cheers

J

That car has been up for sale on & off for 6 months for obvious reasons .
It clearly appeals to a limited market .
After studying the 997 market for some 12 months & now having my C4 for 6 months i wouldn't want to part with any more that £17k for it but then that's just my opinion , others may disagree .

kingroon said:
Hahaha no.. :D

Nice though isn't it.. I remember seeing it on the Cridfords Website..

It is V NICE ! 6 months ago I'd have had that myself ! ceramics, no sun roof, sport Chrono....... I'd walk him back from asking price and see how close to the blue one you can get......
You need to walk away from the Blue one...... not sure if you are after a track biased hack or a weekend cruiser........ I'm guessing this isn't replacing the little Silver 993 ? Has the lightness been stripped from that ? Now your looking to replicate it in a 997 ? I can see why the blue one would be a good starting point but the options on the silver one would make that desirable all over again when you need to sell......

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back