Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fire extinguisher suitable for a 964

AtariBoy

Can anyone suggest a good fire extinguisher and mount suitable to be fitted inside a 964, please?
Ideally I'm looking for something as OE/discreet as possible.

Many thanks,

I have the rennline one in black that fits to passenger seat and is neat and out of the way as it moves with the seat. I've had it about 6 months and not had any complaints from passengers, nor had them knock it. You have to remove the seat to mount it. If you are interested i can take a pic at the weekend of how it looks installed.

Stephenjk said:
I have the rennline one in black that fits to passenger seat and is neat and out of the way as it moves with the seat. I've had it about 6 months and not had any complaints from passengers, nor had them knock it. You have to remove the seat to mount it. If you are interested i can take a pic at the weekend of how it looks installed.

Just the information I needed, thank you.

This is what it looks like

Attachments

• img_20191127_210940_1305x2320_392.jpg
    img_20191127_210940_1305x2320_392.jpg
    457.1 KB · Views: 7,597
Another shot

Attachments

• img_20191127_210958_2320x1305_172.jpg
    img_20191127_210958_2320x1305_172.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 7,591
If one has electrical height adjustable seats, but with manual forward and backward movement, are they 'manual seats' or 'power seats' in Rennline's eyes?

You need the power seat version if you have the height adjustment, or at least i did. My seats move backwards and forwards with a lever but height is powered so i thought manual version would be okay. When it came the fixing of the seat to the rails is in the wrong place for the manual version of the FE to work. I then ordered the electric seat version and this worked fine. I sold the manual fixing on ebay.

Stephenjk said:
You need the power seat version if you have the height adjustment, or at least i did. My seats move backwards and forwards with a lever but height is powered so i thought manual version would be okay. When it came the fixing of the seat to the rails is in the wrong place for the manual version of the FE to work. I then ordered the electric seat version and this worked fine. I sold the manual fixing on ebay.

Thanks for the advice, really appriciated.

Any time. If you find an FE that fits let me know as mine is a bit small which is why you can see the black rubber wrapped around the FE to bulk it out in the pic.

The other thing i learned when removing the seat was someone had stripped some of the seat screws so i also had to buy a couple of new seat screws. The screws that fixed the seat to the rail in the car weren't great, I assume impact gun had been used in the past. I guess this is like most things on a 30 year old car when you take things apart, you find the sins of the past.

My other tip would be careful with the screws of the plate into the seat frame, i think you screw into aluminium and easy to over tighten.

I got one of these at the classic car show

firesafetystick.com

Supposed to be more efficient than extinguishers, hoping I don't have to find out :)

Do any manufacturers use them? The website doesnt mention any. They do seem like a neat solution though.

I've bought a couple from screwfix for my porker.....

I have a fire stick also in a few of my cars.

Obviously/luckily have no experience of their operation but a very small neat solution.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back