Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Carbon Roof

Winny911

Sao Paulo
Ok so I have seen pictures of this mod online but not found any uk suppliers

Not that I want one today but if I did want one where could I get one?

Also has anyone actually fitted one

Winny

Check ELA's thread, he fits one with pics. Id love to do mine.

NXI20 said:
I've done it on my GT3. Pretty easy to do & saves a good bit of weight.

I got my roof from DP Motorsport in Germany. Top quality & it fitted without any fettling required. Not the cheapest but certainly the best.

https://www.dp-motorsport.de/en/produkt/roof-for-996-997/

It certainly looks good, along with the rest of the car :thumb:

I had a good look round when you were parked up at Bicester for the PCGB xmas bash :thumbs:

jezgreen911 said:
It certainly looks good, along with the rest of the car :thumb:

I had a good look round when you were parked up at Bicester for the PCGB xmas bash :thumbs:

Thanks. She's wearing her 177K miles pretty well considering the sort of life she leads :wink:

I just enquired about the carbon roof at dp motorsport and unfortunately they've stopped making them. Does anyone know of any other company making these in the uk or europe? (I'm thinking less to ship over the one from the states)

Thanks
Rich

J-Tec composites would be a good place to look.

Lots of experience creating Porsche panels - but be aware this in not the cheap far eastern stuff, this is made in the UK to exacting standards so prices will reflect that.

I believe the customer base includes automotive manufacturers, F1 and the military.

https://www.j-teccomposites.com/

I'd imagine there are easier/cheaper wins with a 4S to save some weight, or if its just about the cosmetics, how about a wrap...?

If you watch the 'that911guy' video on the green 996, there is one where Lee visits the lot that make the carbon ducktails, can't remember their name, but they might be able to help.

Did you find one?

I've noticed that the 996 sunroof skin is listed in the 997 parts diagrams

99650350100GRV - non sunroof - £461.69
99650308703GRV - sunroof - £1,740.50

Plus two others for an optional external antenna:

99750350100GRV - £518.41
99750308700GRV - £1,097.38

If its the same, there are a lot more available. I've just got an alcantara GT2 headlining, so looking to do this in future.

No I didn't go that way in the end but one day maybe... anyway the one in the USA seemed to be the only one still in production. Not sure what shipping and import costs would be

Re 996 and 997 being the same part I would not be surprised by that after all the 997 was really just a facelift 996 to please the purists :whistle:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back