Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New head-unit has lost sound from bass in doors

gav_sw20

Finally got around to fitting a Sony Car Play unit, what a god-send to have proper satnav and a decent UI !!!

Anyway, I've plugged it all in and it all works fine however I seam to have lost all bass from the door speakers and everything sounds very 'thin".

I've played with the EQ on the HU with no joy. Does anyone have any ideas at all please?

Dealer suggest 'make sure blue wire is connected" but as I'm using ISO connectors it's just plug and play.

Car is a 2005 non-BOSE.

Hope your now sorted mate :thumb: :thumb: As the actual Porsche speakers are not bad I also ended up fitted an rainbow beats amp instead of the stock non Bose amp and that really improved the sound quality the OE amp is very poor ,and its a fairly easy switch , I put the amp in the space in the trunk where all the now not required Nav dvd. etc was :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Hope your now sorted mate :thumb: :thumb: As the actual Porsche speakers are not bad I also ended up fitted an rainbow beats amp instead of the stock non Bose amp and that really improved the sound quality the OE amp is very poor ,and its a fairly easy switch , I put the amp in the space in the trunk where all the now not required Nav dvd. etc was :thumb: :thumb:

Have had a play with this and no joy :(

I'm assuming this (black/red cable) is from the amplifier - this was in the black ISO but I pulled it out).

And this (blue/white cable) is what I believe to be the power aerial cable from the new head-unit. It had a bullet connector on it but swapped it as I had no females.

Anyway, I've connected them up and still got no sound from the other speakers :(

Any ideas at all please?

Attachments

• 666cde44_4977_454c_8b36_14a1772f344e_164.jpeg
    666cde44_4977_454c_8b36_14a1772f344e_164.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,076
  • 78d8e63f_04d8_4268_8e39_98b490a414b1_133.jpeg
    78d8e63f_04d8_4268_8e39_98b490a414b1_133.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,075
Have you connected the amp power on to the electric aerial on? It uses that to tell the amp to power up. Without that connected, it doesn't turn the amp on, and you get no bass speakers. Pretty sure the amp only powers those......

Should of said as wel, was the amp working before you changed the head unit? They are notorious for packing up and again, no bass.... They can be fixed though.

resigner said:
Should of said as wel, was the amp working before you changed the head unit? They are notorious for packing up and again, no bass.... They can be fixed though.

Thats exactily what happened to mine and why I went with the rainbow beats amp. they just stop no warning and as resigner says no bass well a tiny bit of bass from the upper door speakers . :thumb: no I am wondering if the OPs amp is shot.

Thanks for the responses.

Amp definitely worked up until I removed it last week.

I will remove the head-unit again and test that there's some voltage coming from the blue/white cable with my multi-meter (as I'm assuming there should be something coming out to tell the amp to turn on).

I'll also trace the wire back to confirm it's the correct one.

resigner said:
Have you connected the amp power on to the electric aerial on? It uses that to tell the amp to power up. Without that connected, it doesn't turn the amp on, and you get no bass speakers. Pretty sure the amp only powers those......

I've connected the two wires pictured above together. My understanding is:
- Black/red=amp power
- Blue/white=electrical aerial on

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back