Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche crashed into the second story of building

Porsche News

https://www.nj.com/ocean/2019/11/po...story-of-building-after-crash-police-say.html

Two people were killed Sunday morning after a red Porsche went airborne and crashed into the second floor of a commercial building in Toms River, police said.

Driving a red 2010 Porsche Boxter convertible at a high rate of speed northbound on Hooper Avenue when it lost control, crossed over the roadway and hit an embankment, said Jillian Messina, a spokeswoman for the Toms River Police Department. The car then plunged into the second story of building on the southbound side of Hooper Avenue.

car.jpg

Attachments

• ny_2_02_183.jpg
    ny_2_02_183.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 3,277
  • ny_2_01_166.jpg
    ny_2_01_166.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 3,277
  • ny_2_03_207.jpg
    ny_2_03_207.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 3,275
Hit an embankment :eek:

It's clipped the Kerb !! i'm obviously presuming those Black marks are off the tryes of the car thats thats parked on some ones bed ?

Embankment is a bit of an over statement there, he must have been travelling at a fair rate to get up there after hitting a kerb, my vision of an embankment is something which you can stand behind and not see over the top, i looked at the first few pics thinking he must have flown the air to wind up there,

:eek:

I think it goes to show just how effective the aerodynamics of these cars are at keeping them on the ground. It looks like as soon as the 'ground effect' was broken by it launching on the kerb it just took off.

At my local airfield I'm always amazed to see small planes take off on grass at very low speeds but that Boxster must have been going pretty fast.

As mishaps go that's on a different level.

What a way to go. If you're going to meet your maker I can think of worse ways than in a guards red boxster.

When they pitched up at the pearly gates, I wonder if St Peter suggested he should have opted for ceramics instead of steels?

Had the abs failed??

Horrendous stuff. Two young lives cut short through stupidly and inexperience it seems. I'm certain that the moments leading up to the accident won't be too disimmilar to situations we've found ourselves in at a similar age.
Maybe feeling a little more compassionate thinking about all those other young lives cut short playing out old men's games

s2000db said:
Had the abs failed??

Looks to me like it was sliding sideways before hitting the kerb, and barrel rolling airborne and into the house.

Just horrific, poor lads and their families :nooo:

To touch upon Terry's point... I thought most road cars produce lift? The active fin on the back of my beloved Cayman only served to reduce lift by 20kg I believe. That's the impression I was under anyway.

Terrible these two young men should lose their lives. Definitely going some to get up there, that's for sure.

I wonder, did they hit the kerb sideways and flip the car into the buiding?

It doesn't really matter how I suppose, as it has ended in an awful tragedy for two families.

They must have been going flat out 150 plus to skittle that car so high, looks like they unfortunately got it perfectly wrong, sad for all.

They say the frontal lobe in a males brain doesn't fully develop the judgement of risk until after 25 years of age, hence more young men die than females by doing stupid things, we have all done them just sometimes you don't get away with it.

Remember we're the ones that did get away with it; the others are not here to comment.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back