Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lowering a C4S

Lukec4s

Silverstone
Hi all

I've searched hi and low and can't find the exact answer. I'm thinking about lowering my C4S and have seen the H&R springs that euro's sell. They say 25mm.

Now I believe the c4s is 10mm lower than the c2/c4 (like the turbo) so does anyone know if these springs then become 15mm drop or still 25mm.

I have 7mm spacers at the front and 15mm rears. Would there be any problems with lowering ?

Thanks

Luke

Luke I have H&R springs on my 997 4S . Basically your right but not always ,its cars fitted with PASM that are 10mm lower than non PASM cars now your right in the fact that most. Carreras and Carrera 4 came non pasm but some were specced with it . in the same way that some S and non S cars were specced with Sports Chassis this was a further 10mm lower than the PASM cars .

Anyway to try and answer your query on your 4S if you want to drop it 25/30mm I would used the H&R if you want to drop is less than that and prefer 15/20mm I would look at Techart and eibach are somewhere in the middle. this is my experience using both Techart and H&R in the past .

Hi Phil

Thanks for the reply. So does that mean that my c4s could either be sports chassis or not? Didn't realise that was a thing on the 996. Just assumed the c4s and turbo were 10mm lower than the others. If there are diff options how would I tell?

As for the springs I like the idea of the 25mm drop so prob h&r are
The way to go.

996 4Ss all came with -10mm sports suspension as standard, if that helps. You could spec an additional 10mm drop.

Phil has assumed you have a 997 4S, which had whizzy adaptive dampers but could also be specced with lowered sports suspension and normal dampers.

Ah makes sense thanks. I've seen a 25mm kit specifically for c4s / turbo on D911 but not sure if that's going to make it too low. I'll have to find some
Pics, if anyone has done this I'd love to see some images.

Thanks all

I fitted Vogtland springs to mine.

-30mm and I have 15mm spacers all round.

Very happy with the ride, handling and looks. Sits just right, low but not too low.

Oops sorry Luke yes was talking 997s, that will teach me to check the sub group first :thumb: :grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back