Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Information about this sport cats 993

Trak993RS

Hello everybody,

I have an offer on this sport cats for 993. I have not the brands just this number :
"OM-070305"
What do you think about it design? performance? good design?
Thanks for advice.

Attachments

• eadaa3d525100d2e20e7ed48a03659067314bd98_169.jpg
    eadaa3d525100d2e20e7ed48a03659067314bd98_169.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 3,802
  • d507f229b10fea5d15130adcd3a08719d6613414_169.jpg
    d507f229b10fea5d15130adcd3a08719d6613414_169.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 3,802
  • e32fc31e5299425c53c1c2d6b9dd463855330c58_993.jpg
    e32fc31e5299425c53c1c2d6b9dd463855330c58_993.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 3,802
IMHO, Looks like they have been made from the original cat, looks like the ends of the old one have been cut off and re used with new inserts.

The question is, why have they been taken off?

Usually too loud or fail MOT.

Wether they actually work :?:

Hi

Someone has done some work there! I just had my original enclosure cut and some of Get's 100 cell inserts put in. I say "just" but the welder who did it said never again.

The car was a fair bit louder after, but not boomy at all, just more mechanical sounding. Or as my wife says even more like a lawnmower. I said as long as she cannot smell grass clippings its fine.

If they are cheap enough I guess you can fit them and see what is what. Do you know which inserts are fitted?

My 100 cell ones have always been fine for MOT's, passing easily.

Berni

I can only agree re booking in with and driving to Gerts (Carnewal) and get him to do the cat mod to 100 cell, its tried and tested. plenty of info on the site.

What you have been offered might be perfect but its a risk you'll be taking re performance, sound and the MOT.

Ian

Has anyone replaced their cats with the sports cat offerings from either Fabspeed or Cargraphic? The Fabspeed one in particular looks like a lovely bit of kit, but it's £2k ish, plus installation of course.
Anyone gone down this route?

Counter Of Beans said:
Has anyone replaced their cats with the sports cat offerings from either Fabspeed or Cargraphic? The Fabspeed one in particular looks like a lovely bit of kit, but it's £2k ish, plus installation of course.
Have a look at this thread, for more info on sports cat options for the 993:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=114402

Endoman has run both Fabspeed or Cargraphic - see Page 3.

Counter Of Beans said:

I would highly recommend the SCART 100 cell sports cats (and backboxes). Great workmanship, passes the MOT easily and a noticeable improvement in throttle response

https://scart.com/en/porsche/993/11

nickjonesn4 said:
Counter Of Beans said:

I would highly recommend the SCART 100 cell sports cats (and backboxes). Great workmanship, passes the MOT easily and a noticeable improvement in throttle response

Hmm, they look really good and the sound in their video clip is impressive. Do you have them fitted to your car, Nick? Which mufflers are you using?

Counter Of Beans said:
nickjonesn4 said:
Counter Of Beans said:

Hmm, they look really good and the sound in their video clip is impressive. Do you have them fitted to your car, Nick? Which mufflers are you using?

Yes I have the 100 cells cats and the Riva backboxes. They sound epic under load but no drone on motorway etc. Always get positive comments at events etc. Would highly recommend. Will see if I can record a sound clip this weekend.

A sound clip would be really useful Nick; cheers.
Mike.

I currently have the Fabspeed system very nicely made and I like the sound. Previosly Cargraphic which was poorly made (sparrow ***** welds) and needed a cut and shut to fit. Sound was the same but the spring type fittings are a pain. Fabspeed use their own clamps on the cats so you can run decat very easily but it'a a bit loud. The cans are also Fabspeed with Porsche wide oval tips. An expensive set up.
I understand Cargraphic have improved their system
Dansk sport cans I found to be droney
I had some std cans modified similar to RSRs but not tried them. The guy that did them said never again.

Counter Of Beans said:
A sound clip would be really useful Nick; cheers.
Mike.

I will do

As per Endoman I have Porsche wide oval tips so the whole set up was fairly eye watering but worth it!

The total for the SCART bits was ~ €3700 including fitting kit which was apparently very comprehensive

Here it is all in place

94347615-eab2-4b19-97ae-967fcf743bf7.jpg

and the tips

20180719-152419.jpg

I just wanted to comment on the crap Cargraphic products comment - I've had a set of 100 cell cats for years and they are really well made and have given no issues. They also sound great with RSRs.

There are no spring fittings on mine; they are two sections for each bank that are clamped together? I think mine might be race ones so maybe that is it but I don't remember seeing springs on the Cargraphic site.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back