Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2014 Cayenne S Diesel - Transfer Box Issues

tonymac3

Hi, picked up a 2014 14k mile Cayenne S Diesel from Porsche West London last week and now after some long drives noticed jerky snatching under acceleration on 2nd-3rd gear and 3rd-4th gear shifts, I believe this to be the Transfer case multi-plate clutch slipping after reading similar posts from owners on Rennlist forum, anyone here experienced similar before I contact OPC? thanks!

Yes, does sound like transfer case slippage. A change of transfer case fluid can sometimes cure the problem but as yours will be under warranty you should take it back and ask them to investigate / resolve the problem.

These are the symptoms ... take it back ASAP , insist on a change of the unit , accept no less.

The same happened to mine and it was changed out.

Be aware that I may happen again , there cases on Rennlist noted where it happened 5 times to one chap ...

I would be pretty cheesed off by then for sure !

Their explanation as to why they fail beggars belief by the way !

Terry

As others said... My 2013 Turbo did this after 2k miles after buying from OPC East London.. OPC Reading fitted a new Transfer box... very common problem

Thanks for your feedback, contacted West London OPC, they came back to me straight away and recognised that fault, returning the car at the weekend and picking up a loan car, i'll insist on a new tranfer case and feedback what repair they make.
TonyMac.

Had my Cayenne delivered back to me with a new transfer box fitted by Porsche West London. Drives so much better especially pick up from standstill, miles more responsive.

Shame I had to give the loan car back, a lovery 19' plate Panamera E-Hybrid :sad:

Attachments

• panamera_e_hybrid_114.jpg
    panamera_e_hybrid_114.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,879

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back