Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another crap dealer thread!!!

Ok so after weeks without internet, then disorder and chaos in Baghdad, now sat in an undisclosed venue in the Iraqi desert, its hot, its thundering, its lightning, its infested with flies, but most of all there's now no electricity to go with the limited internet. :nooo:

So car dealers. FFS. A trio of 991 Turbo's have caught my interest and could possibly sway me away from my beloved Herman. In reality I cant really afford it and know the px offer will be dogs, however it would be nice to find out!

Having contacted 3 dealers, nothing! Having made it very clear I cant talk on the phone for hrs, with basic stuff that can be done in an e. mail- Nothing!

How hard can it be???? I want your car, and I want to px mine? Give me a ball park? Well talk finance, ill go to someone who'll give me 3% cheaper, and well hopefully do a deal!!! Ive done it like this many times, with 911V, Redline, Ashgood etc and several OPC's.

But no instead well just ignore you! I dont get it, i mean id ignore me, but they dont even know me yet to make that decision! The cars im looking at are still available, its not as if they are sold , and they arent even Yorkshire cars!

Porsche (and car dealers generally) its just not good enough, how hard can it be FFS! Strangely one of the 'dealers' does a 'we buy your car. com' and guess what? I had a ***** offer in hours!

I've just been thro hell and high water buying my Mrs a new car, the way In Which these things work has changed massively in the past few years, firstly the people working in these places are about as competent as the people who work in McDonald's ! The ones where you get your order to find something's missing !

About as endearing as a sloth wrapped round your bannister on the stairs at home !

Where they get these people is way beyond my reckoning, if your not taking finance with the minimum amount put in and a payment every month that makes your Mortgage look small then forget it, before when I've bought cars you could pick between the dealers and manufacturers and know who's going to do what, now every single swinging Dirk is singing off the exact same song sheet ! Probably due to regulatory constraints or even the same finance company overseeing all the dealers but for what ever reason it's far more difficult buying a car now than it was even 2 years ago !

No ones moaned more than me about car sales people ringing me up constantly even when they refused a deal but it's gone from I want to buy a car to them going 'BEG ME AND I JUST MIGHT ENGAGE IN CONVERSATION '

In the end I sold our Tiguan to WBAC, got financial contribution, dealer discount and free serving !

Despite their continued efforts pleading me to leave the finance running for 6 Months I'm phoning up on Monday to pay it off !

spongebob squarepants said:
Ok so after weeks without internet, then disorder and chaos in Baghdad, now sat in an undisclosed venue in the Iraqi desert, its hot, its thundering, its lightning, its infested with flies, but most of all there's now no electricity to go with the limited internet. :nooo:

So car dealers. FFS. A trio of 991 Turbo's have caught my interest and could possibly sway me away from my beloved Herman. In reality I cant really afford it and know the px offer will be dogs, however it would be nice to find out!

Having contacted 3 dealers, nothing! Having made it very clear I cant talk on the phone for hrs, with basic stuff that can be done in an e. mail- Nothing!

How hard can it be???? I want your car, and I want to px mine? Give me a ball park? Well talk finance, ill go to someone who'll give me 3% cheaper, and well hopefully do a deal!!! Ive done it like this many times, with 911V, Redline, Ashgood etc and several OPC's.

But no instead well just ignore you! I dont get it, i mean id ignore me, but they dont even know me yet to make that decision! The cars im looking at are still available, its not as if they are sold , and they arent even Yorkshire cars!

Porsche (and car dealers generally) its just not good enough, how hard can it be FFS! Strangely one of the 'dealers' does a 'we buy your car. com' and guess what? I had a ***** offer in hours!

Who are they ?

I have a list of various dealers that i wont even call now..

So a dodgy email comes in from Iraq trying to part ex a car with a Sheffield utd plate on it and you wonder why they did not reply :grin:

jonttt said:
So a dodgy email comes in from Iraq trying to part ex a car with a Sheffield utd plate on it and you wonder why they did not reply :grin:

:hand:

alpinaman said:

Who are they ?

I have a list of various dealers that i wont even call now..

Ill add them later, for now come on Aston Martin dealer, there's customer service a plenty for sure, ill even pretend to have your finance!

Actually EDIT! One is actually West Yorkshire and its Synter select of Wakefield :thumb: Well done you win a prize!

Contentious statement there C4s

Quote - "About as endearing as a sloth wrapped round your bannister on the stairs at home ! "

Now that's what I call home furnishings. Slag off Porsche dealers all you want but leave the sloths alone. Anyway, sloths aren't from Yorkshire!!

Cheers.

moorhouse said:

Quote - "About as endearing as a sloth wrapped round your bannister on the stairs at home ! "

Now that's what I call home furnishings. Slag off Porsche dealers all you want but leave the sloths alone. Anyway, sloths aren't from Yorkshire!!

Cheers.

It wasn't a Porsche Dealers, it was a car for the Wife. And it wasn't just one manufacturer, Volvo, MINI, Merc, VW and Audi.

I used the term Sloth because the garage we went to on a Saturday afternoon when I thought it might be quiet, the last was more bothered about the football and looking at his phone, he actually looked and smelt like a Sloth according to my 15 Year Old ? It seemed like every other salesman was a morphed version of the first in looks, attitude and charisma.

In the end I phoned up the garage we managed to buy one from and asked if they had any women sales assistants I could speak to ! That made everything a lot simpler !

moorhouse said:

Cheers.

I'll get the SAS (Sloth Appreciation Society) hit squad onto you lot. A properly domesticated Sloth has as much right to be on your bannister as you have (you should not be sliding down it anyway - elfin safety an all that). Traumatised, that's what it would be, dozing gently as umpteen stone of homo sapiens comes hurtling towards it. No chance of escape before being turned into a fireside rug. I could go on, but this has little to do with the merits of car dealers, in Yorkshire or anywhere else.

Do we now assume all car dealers are crappy? Let's just post about the good ones, it will save time.

I suspect it's because they think you're an Arrogant Frenchman who used to play for the wrong side in Manchester? Just a thought.

jonttt said:

:hand:
My thoughts exactly
Sponge, is everyone on edge now that Al Bahgdadi turned himself into a pink mist

Wait ... What .. is someone dissing Sloths now ???

How low can some people go .. Shame on you .

Sloth hater !

You are hereby written up in my Professionally Sloth skinned book of people i don't want to talk to anymore .

Wait......... You have a sloth skinned note book ? :judge:

Could I interest you in another ?
Lotion just rubbed on !

:D

Actually EDIT! One is actually West Yorkshire and its Synter select of Wakefield :thumb: Well done you win a prize!

Sponge - have you forgotten Rule 1? If it is in Yorkshite... walk away!!

You know it makes sense...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back