Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lightweight Flywheel for 997.1 c2s

Kettmark

Silverstone
Contemplating fitting the above to my car. Anyone done the same, what's the general concensus and likely costs please?
Ideally I'd like to meet up with someone local to me (Northants) whos had one fitted so I can experience it in person.

Personally I wouldn't, if you have ever driven a GT3RS then you do not want it on a road car way too much NVH :eek:

I've had a LWFW on two of my cars, but not the 997 as its a PDK. If you like the idea, and you know what it entails, you should try before you buy but it seems a rare thing around here so you may have to just take the plunge.

There are a few that have done it , mainly track cars , be careful I looked into it but for a road car the NVH was too much for the gains given. :thumb: but with all things NVH related its very personal and some like the chatter of a track car on their road car.

I have a LWFW albeit on a 996.

My car is predominately for track use, however I drive to the track and following a recent engine rebuild had to use it daily to run it in.

TBH, I barely notice any difference difference from a NVH / noise perspective, there is a little more chatter on tick over, but that aside I don't find it intrusive at all. - And that is with semi-solid engine mounts, powerflex gearbox mount, bucket seats and most of the cars insulation removed.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back