Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 turbos

I used to have a Z3m in that interior colour combo, loved it.......its not as cool as blue / black though :)

I could also not believe how cheep 991 Turbo S are now compared to 997 Turbos :eek: ........not that I was looking.........at all........no....no.....no

Much cheaper than I expected for a 991t?!
I wonder if the reliability of the motor (or lack thereof) is hurting cars, though shouldnt this have a 10 year warranty? I thought they had extended warranties on the 3.8 to 120k miles or 10 years?

I'm not up on 991 models but was that not just for the GT3 engine :dont know:

No issues with engine relibility issues on anything other than GT3's.
Rediculous money for the performance.
Sponge......time to say it.
Silver is the new Yellow :floor:

darkhorse said:
I wonder if the reliability of the motor (or lack thereof) is hurting cars, though shouldnt this have a 10 year warranty? I thought they had extended warranties on the 3.8 to 120k miles or 10 years?

The turbo is pretty bulletproof unless you know something we dont? :dont know:

FZP said:

The problem I have (in addition to Mrs SBSP) is a yellow one is clearly going to be 10 grand more than a silver one :nooo:

jonttt said:
I used to have a Z3m in that interior colour combo, loved it.......its not as cool as blue / black though :)

I could also not believe how cheep 991 Turbo S are now compared to 997 Turbos :eek: ........not that I was looking.........at all........no....no.....no

:hand: :hand: A 991 turbo, with your driving licence :hand: :hand:

What do you reckon he bought it in at?
£65k
£68k
£70k :dont know:

Turbo S are similar money for a few extra miles.

Here we go.....the abacus is going into o melt down :pc:

spongebob squarepants said:
jonttt said:

:hand: :hand: A 991 turbo, with your driving licence :hand: :hand:

I'm "down" to 7 points as of last Tuesday :)

FZP said:

The problem I have (in addition to Mrs SBSP) is a yellow one is clearly going to be 10 grand more than a silver one :nooo:

I think you should do a "harry" ie if you change them often enough SWMBO does not even notice :thumb:

darkhorse said:

The turbo is pretty bulletproof unless you know something we dont? :dont know:

No, was thinking of the GT3, thought they were the same engine for some reason, but then Im a 997 type so not up on the DI motors :D

In that case, they are definately a good deal!

FZP said:
What do you reckon he bought it in at?
£65k
£68k
£70k :dont know:

Turbo S are similar money for a few extra miles.

Here we go.....the abacus is going into o melt down :pc:

It looks an absolute bargain. Supplied by OPC Bolton, 1 owner, full Porsche SH, the last one being a major, GT silver with bespoke Garnet and black interior :thumb:

It is of course YORKSHIRE :grin:

Edit. You buy the GT silver one, ill buy the Guards red one form AUV

I actually found Hermans brother, and hes a turbo :D

I looked at 991 Turbo's about 18 months ago and I made notes, as you do, of prices.

2014 Turbo 991 in black 17703 mls £99,407

2014 Turbo 991 in black 15839 mls £97,500

2014 Turbo S 991 in Black 18450 mls £ 104,990.

Phew I didn't buy one! Must be the Supercar bargain of the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back