Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How to Clean Xpel PPF (Paint Protection Film)

911Time

Suzuka
How to Clean Xpel Paint Protection Film

Hi all, thought this might be useful, for those who've had their cars fitted with Xpel PPF.

Shortly after buying my 991, I had Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF applied to all panels, plus Xpel's own 'Fusion' Ceramic coating on top.

Having recently covered 2,000 miles around Scotland, the car was in need of far more than just a good wash but having invested several thousand pounds in PPF, I was keen to ensure any cleaning product (beyond normal shampoo) was compatible with the film.

A call to Xpel's UK office, identified that they could offer several detailing products, specifically designed to be suitable: A cleaner to remove surface contaminants, such as bug splatter, tar, oil etc and a sealant called Ceramic Boost – designed to give improved gloss & water beading.

Flawless Finish Paint Protection Film Cleaner (16 oz) - £20.95 Incl VAT

XPEL Ceramic Boost (16 oz) - £28.95 Incl VAT

I can report that both products were easy to use; the cleaner being a simple wipe on, rub, rinse off application and the Ceramic Boost sealant just wipe on, buff off. Coverage was good and one bottle of the cleaner was enough to clean every panel, before applying the sealant, which also required only a small amount to be used. The result was a clean, shiny car with good water beading, for minimal effort and with no worries about damaging the film, or voiding the Xpel 10 year warranty.

A new web-shop is currently being developed but in the meantime, products can be purchased by calling Xpel UK on 01462 414393.

Just to be clear, I have no involvement with Xpel or the sale of their products, I'm just trying to let others know of the availability of suitable cleaners :)

Agree, definitely good products if you've got your car coated with Xpel fusion ceramic coating. There are also other products on the market that do a similar job.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatandywhite
Back