Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Top mounts & Tyres

Porschekit

Suzuka
After a recent minor service and health check, my local Indy advises that the car is in need of new top mounts (front) and new front tyres (normal worn tread).

I'm obviously looking to get the best prices, so I will likely get the Indy to do the top mounts but get the tyres from somewhere else, although the Indy also advises wheel alignment.

So what's the usual protocol for these items in order of completion if I use different providers? e.g.

Do the top mounts first (Indy) and then get new tyres and wheel alignment ( Pirelli supplier)?

Change the tyres first (Pirelli supplier) and then do the top mounts and alignment (Indy)?

Get all three done at the Indy so they can be adjusted and set all together?

Or does it not matter what's done when? Your words of wisdom are appreciated. :?:

Doesn't really matter so long as your alignment is done last.

.....and before anybody else says it, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S are way superior to Pirelli. Better longevity and wet grip.

Do the top mounts

Fit Michelins all round

Do the alignment, never do the alignment on old tyres.

The nights are drawing in so put some Nokian winters on it. Usually good value from Tyreleader and they are excellent tyres. If your indy is reasonably priced let them do the lot at the same time.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back