Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 111 Point Check & Warranty

Ridders

Nurburgring
So having recently got back on the Porsche wagen with a 997.2 C2S, I was advised by a wise, old, serial forum poster to look into getting the car 111 checked & therefore purchase a 2 year warranty.

The car prior to my purchase had been through the 111 point check with a list of things that would require attention, like unofficial battery (it's a Bosch 😯) & the tyres are too old.

The Michelin Pilot Sport 4S seem to get the praise but as we know they aren't N rated & I've been informed today by one OPC that tyres have to be N rated to obtain the warranty.

So, which N rated tyres should I be looking at?

Pilot Sport Cup 2's are nice and sticky if you're going to be doing any track work - although they're terrible at low temperatures.

Out of interest, does anyone know what the age limit is on tyres to pass the 111 point check?

Won't be tracking it :eek: :eek:
& as I live in the North West, the tyres need to also perform in the wet

My PS2s have done 1,700 miles in the last week, nearly all in the wet, and performed faultlessly up to 135 mph on the autobahns and across 5 Swiss mountain passes.

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them to anyone.

To answer my own question (and in case anyone else was wondering) - I've found a copy of someone's 111 check and it states maximum age for summer tyres is 6 years and for winter tyres it's 4 years.

My GTS is on Pilot Sport Cup 2's and the GT3 is on "normal" Pilot Sports (N2) and I think they're pretty good but apart from getting caught in the odd shower I've never used them in the wet so can't comment on wet weather performance I'm afraid :dont know:

For a 997.2S

You have 5 options if you are running 19" wheels, subject to your specific tyre sizes

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A N1
Michelin Pilot Sport 2 N2
Pirelli P-Zero N2
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 N0
Yokohama Advan Sport V105 N0

The Michelin is the pick of the bunch, and it's N2 variant is the 3rd generation of the PS2

911UK said:
For a 997.2S

You have 5 options if you are running 19" wheels, subject to your specific tyre sizes

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A N1
Michelin Pilot Sport 2 N2
Pirelli P-Zero N2
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 N0
Yokohama Advan Sport V105 N0

The Michelin is the pick of the bunch, and it's N2 variant is the 3rd generation of the PS2

Many Thanks. Need to find a good deal on the Michelins :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back