Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted: 997.2 Turbo S Coupe

Nurburgsingh

Like it says...

I'm after a 997.2 TurboS.

Why are all of the cars Black or white?? :nooo:

Whats wrong with grey :puh:

Attachments

• 20181006_122306_933.jpg
    20181006_122306_933.jpg
    541 KB · Views: 3,702
Nothing wrong with Grey when you have a tasty set of rims like that, they look the mutts!

None taken :D I am contemplating getting the petals on the wheels done silver think it would stand out with the grey. I do also agree about the dull colours seemed to be a period when grey black and silver was all you could get have you tried getting a Merc in any other colour :eek: Bmw have a cracking range of colours at the moment like both the Bronze and greeny Blue you get would be nice to get a Turbo in something like that also love Mexico blue from Porsche.

Attachments

• dsc_0368_399.jpg
    dsc_0368_399.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 3,600
  • fuchs19silverlr2_190.jpg
    fuchs19silverlr2_190.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 3,600
Nah leave them as they are they look really good with the silver rim.

I'm a fan of the Cobalt Blue but every time I went after one they were sold immediately.

There was a 991 Turbo S went through the auctions last month in GT Silver, it was a really clean car apparently with 25k miles and sold for £75 k, bargain!

I`m going to wait and see how it is with the aerokit fitted and lowered before I make a decision on the wheels.

Pic of One of the lads cars up here Turbo S in Aqua blue I believe

Attachments

• p1020568_993.jpg
    p1020568_993.jpg
    483.7 KB · Views: 3,550
easternjets said:
Nah leave them as they are they look really good with the silver rim.

I'm a fan of the Cobalt Blue but every time I went after one they were sold immediately.

There was a 991 Turbo S went through the auctions last month in GT Silver, it was a really clean car apparently with 25k miles and sold for £75 k, bargain!

It seems the 991 turbo s market is better value in general compared to the 997.2 can't really see why?

The aqua blue is beautiful on the 997 ....don't see many in AB.....

Grey is good too , but BB is the fastest colour .....

:D :floor:

Not many of the bright (not black/white/grey/silver) colours come up. Pre 2016 there were mostly middle Single digit cars advertised at any time across all colours. 15 on autotrader now but that is unusually high.

The 997.2 was post the 2008/9 crash but still during the depressed market for new cars so less sold. Thus less in colours than the 997.1

991 turbo S was available across all model years rather than being a run out special as it was on the 997, 996 and 993 before, so more sold and more supply. There are 84 991 Turbo S on auto trader today (10 blue and 5 red 0 yellow) hence the 991 dropping below 997 costs.

I don't watch the market in detail, but owning one means you look in from time to time and this thread made me look in a bit more detail.

They are not uber rare but you have to be lucky with timing to find one for sale in the unusual colours. As an example I bought one of the two available in yellow in the past 5 years (that I know of). There were probably more bright colours sold and I don't watch the market much despite this long post.

Buy a non coloured one and get it wrapped maybe? The turbo s is a low profile monster in any of the other shades and I get why there are lots specced that way.

Not sure about your buying criteria but the colour does not matter when you are inside one. Fantastic cars. Good luck with the search :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back