Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ABS and battery light

hobbes1303

Driving home in the pouring rain in heavy traffic and suddenly the abs and the battery light comes in....? Any thoughts or tips gratefully received

found the culprit as a snapped belt. So.......best places to source a replacement belt? Part number 999 192 343 50 9.5X760. And is it an easy DIY fix?

I had the same thing a couple of years ago.

Can't help on replacement I'm afraid as I limped straight to the garage to get it sorted.

I had exactly the same problem last week in North Wales. Fortunately I carry a spare belt in the car.

Is it easy to replace? Yes it is, provided you have the correct spline tool to hold the alternator shaft while removing the large 24mm securing nut. The RAC man did not have the tool, but knew a man who did and the job was done in about one hour.

No special tool it becomes a big problem.

Went to my local Porsche centre to buy the tool, but they only sell the full kit at £360.

I am now searching tool suppliers for a T10 or T12 spline tool which I believe is the size required and will carry it in the car.

You will also need conventional tools to slacken of the A/C compressor as the first part of the job.

Finally I did about 50 miles with no battery charge, but I am not sure how much further I could have gone.

Regards
Michael

You need to go to a better OPC!

99957105202 about £20, although its not really needed, there are easier ways to remove the pulleys

Billy Bumpsteer said:
You need to go to a better OPC!

99957105202 about £20, although its not really needed, there are easier ways to remove the pulleys

Explain please. We tried a number of ways using the old belt but they did not work

Michael

Something solid but non metallic through the fan slots will hold it better than the triple square on the shaft, you obviously need to know what you are doing so you dont damage anything! A large electrical screwdriver or a plastic covered spanner are my favorites!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back