Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front Axle Lift

csi_basel

Hi All
First post.
I'm contemplating buying a new 992 in the near future.
I was wondering if anyone has bothered to spec the front axle lift option?

If you didn't do you regret it?

How low of the ground is the front, have you scraped it?

Thanks!

csi_basel said:
Hi All
First post.
I'm contemplating buying a new 992 in the near future.
I was wondering if anyone has bothered to spec the front axle lift option?

If you didn't do you regret it?

How low of the ground is the front, have you scraped it?

Thanks!
car

The sleeping policemen are quite high here but I've had no problem with them but I don't have the lowered car. No scrapes yet and I don't expect any.

I have a low car without and I'd kill for it... getting on and off the drive is a logistical nightmare
I'm currently searching for something that will work but as my car is old its not proving that easy. :grin:

Rik b said:
I have a low car without and I'd kill for it... getting on and off the drive is a logistical nightmare
I'm currently searching for something that will work but as my car is old its not proving that easy. :grin:
My assumption was always that it's needed for steep driveways or when you use multi storey car parks with steep ramps, but shouldn't be needed for everyday driving, sleeping policemen etc?

PerrinAybara said:
Rik b said:
My assumption was always that it's needed for steep driveways or when you use multi storey car parks with steep ramps, but shouldn't be needed for everyday driving, sleeping policemen etc?

I have real trouble with sleeping policemen, and non sleeping ones :D

Never had an issue, not scraped on any sleeping policemen or kerbs etc...

I use mine everyday.
In and out the driveway. My 991 scraped every time and I had to replace the front lip trim.
You don't need it for regular sleeping policemen but it has helped on a couple of crazy big ones round our way. Probably could have just slowed down I suppose.
If you don't have a specific need don't bother.

I have it as well. Very glad I got it as I have had issues coming out of multi-storey car parks and the driveway at my new house.

a must have, especially in london. i need it to go on and off a very modest incline into my driveway from the street.

I don't have the lowered suspension.

I didn't know there were so many sleeping policemen around my way until I got the 992 and the various posts about FAL made me neurotic about scraping the front lip on my car. I also have a steep exit from my private drive down onto the public road.

I needn't have worried. I've done over 1000 miles now and never had a problem. Sure, I take the sleeping policemen very slowly but I don't get the sense I'm even close to them.

Take them easy and RELAX.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spilly67
Back