Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 1
991 : 2011- 19
997 : 2004- 72
996 : 1997-2005 31
993 : 1993-1998 7
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 3
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 1
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 32
Cayman : 2005- 19
Cayenne : 2003- 6
Macan : 2014- 5
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
996ttalot
Approved Trader


Joined: 21 Sep 2009
Posts: 1497
Location: Horley Gatwick


PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject: First UK 991.2 Carrera 625ps Reply with quote

We had already taken the 991.2 Carrera to more power than others in the UK with our stage two package of 550ps. This has been tried and tested on multiple cars with thousands of miles driven.

One of our customers came to me with request for more Grin

So take one manual 991.2 Carrera T (370ps with 330whp), add to our stage two package better intercoolers, better intakes and hybrid vtgs and the results is 580whp (approx 620-630ps) and performance figures to match a stock 991.2 Turbo S PDK.

Some performance numbers. (all ours measured with driver and passenger weighing total 190kg) and full tank of fuel so car will be quicker with less weight and fuel.

60-100 3.3 seconds ( 5 seconds stock)
60-130 7.7 seconds ( 11.2 seconds stock).

To compare a 991.2 Turbo S PDK stock does 7.6 seconds 60-130

This package could be applied to both 991.2 S and GTS.

Car runs vpower with no additional fuels or additives.
_________________
nineexcellence.com
Tel: 01293 226911. Follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/Nineexcellence
SALES, SERVICE, UPGRADES
 



PHOTO-2019-09-23-13-40-26.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  95.89 KB
 Viewed:  1681 Time(s)

PHOTO-2019-09-23-13-40-26.jpg



PHOTO-2019-09-23-13-40-25.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  87.42 KB
 Viewed:  1681 Time(s)

PHOTO-2019-09-23-13-40-25.jpg


  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
   
ninenineseven
Trainee


Joined: 24 Apr 2018
Posts: 80



PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive indeed, I may have missed it but is the Carrera T PDK or manual?

Edit: just seen it's a manual, does that require a change in clutch or is the standard clutch up to it?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
GT3ZZZ
Newbie


Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Posts: 22



PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninenineseven wrote:
Very impressive indeed, I may have missed it but is the Carrera T PDK or manual?

Edit: just seen it's a manual, does that require a change in clutch or is the standard clutch up to it?


It's still on the OEM clutch which Ken tells me is fine so far but I'll put some miles on and brace for an upgrade Smile
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
apollokre1d
Sepang


Joined: 06 Nov 2012
Posts: 2984
Location: United Kingdom


PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Ken, guess I will need to upgrade next year, just can't compete with these new DFI engines Smile
_________________
Black 997 Turbo Manual
Black 997 C4S Manual - Sold
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
FZP
Estoril


Joined: 18 Jan 2015
Posts: 3738
Location: Cheshire


PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a fantastic sleeper, if you could ever call a 911 a sleeper. There would be a few WTF moments by owners of other Supercar in the stoplight grand prix.
GT3ZZZ, what's it like to drive?
_________________
997.2 Carrera 2S GT Silver/Cocoa.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
GT3ZZZ
Newbie


Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Posts: 22



PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FZP wrote:
That's a fantastic sleeper, if you could ever call a 911 a sleeper. There would be a few WTF moments by owners of other Supercar in the stoplight grand prix.
GT3ZZZ, what's it like to drive?


I don't know, I've not picked it up yet Smile

But at stage 2, it was properly epic so god knows what is next up Smile
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
911UK
Porsche Community
Porsche Community


Joined: 15 May 2002
Posts: 10223
Location: 911UK

1997 Porsche 993 Carrera 2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very impressive
_________________
Get a Porsche Car Insurance Quote


FOLLOW 911UK ON TWITTER
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
   
FRP
Albert Park


Joined: 30 Apr 2014
Posts: 1679
Location: Middlesex


PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow just wow. The 9e magic continues. Well done to Ken and the Team. One happy customer on collection day I think!
_________________
2002 996tt x50 manual in bassat black - 9eXX
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
GT3ZZZ
Newbie


Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Posts: 22



PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked her up and had a 3 hour drive home the long way round. It was mostly raining with traffic so didn't have much chance to explore the upper range but I can say it needs some respect! 2nd gear is completely crazy and 3rd/4th feel massively strong.

My car with manual, PCCB, narrow body and inconel exhaust probably weighs 200kg+ less than the 991.2 4WD PDK turbo S so makes it a lot more fun. Sounds great too with a lot more spool/whistle from the new intakes and turbos.

More to follow once I can do some dry miles but very happy so far Smile
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
lk993
Silverstone


Joined: 06 Mar 2008
Posts: 149



PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9E: do you have figures for a 991.2 GTS stage 1?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
lk993
Silverstone


Joined: 06 Mar 2008
Posts: 149



PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lk993 wrote:
9E: do you have figures for a 991.2 GTS stage 1?


oops, you've answered my question on your website. I'm sure last time I looked the information wasn't there...recently updated maybe... Embarassed
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
996ttalot
Approved Trader


Joined: 21 Sep 2009
Posts: 1497
Location: Horley Gatwick


PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lk993 wrote:
lk993 wrote:
9E: do you have figures for a 991.2 GTS stage 1?


oops, you've answered my question on your website. I'm sure last time I looked the information wasn't there...recently updated maybe... Embarassed


Yep been updating a lot on the site recently

Ken
_________________
nineexcellence.com
Tel: 01293 226911. Follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/Nineexcellence
SALES, SERVICE, UPGRADES
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
   
spooky
Trainee


Joined: 29 May 2019
Posts: 55



PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You aren't too far away from me and so I was interested until I saw the price of the GTS stage 1. £3K seems a lot for a remap and especially when someone like Litchfield will give 2/3 of the increase for 1/3 of the price.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
lk993
Silverstone


Joined: 06 Mar 2008
Posts: 149



PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spooky wrote:
You aren't too far away from me and so I was interested until I saw the price of the GTS stage 1. £3K seems a lot for a remap and especially when someone like Litchfield will give 2/3 of the increase for 1/3 of the price.


I was wondering the same. I'm thinking perhaps 9E are changing the plenum also which may explain the extra 30 horses over Litchfield.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
spooky
Trainee


Joined: 29 May 2019
Posts: 55



PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lk993 wrote:
spooky wrote:
You aren't too far away from me and so I was interested until I saw the price of the GTS stage 1. £3K seems a lot for a remap and especially when someone like Litchfield will give 2/3 of the increase for 1/3 of the price.


I was wondering the same. I'm thinking perhaps 9E are changing the plenum also which may explain the extra 30 horses over Litchfield.


Not based on what they say on their website. Perhaps they are just boosting it more.

It would be interesting to hear their comments regarding what you are getting for your money.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
coullstar
Albert Park


Joined: 15 Sep 2015
Posts: 1605
Location: Aberdeen/Torphins


PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manual Carrera T with these figures sounds like my kind of car. Especially if your getting the lovely turbo noises. Does it have a flat ***** (flames please Cool )?

Would be interesting to see how the clutch takes it. Is it progressive boost mapping?
_________________
1999 C2 Coupe - http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=124107
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
MJA911
Sepang


Joined: 10 Dec 2013
Posts: 2835
Location: Berkshire

2012 Porsche 991 Carrera

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9E website acknowledges clutch as follows:-

1, PDK is fine to hold this additional power. We do check the PDK operation first to make sure there is no known issues.
2. For Manual cars currently on the cars we have done the clutch is not slipping since the clutch is relatively new - however we do expect that upgrading the clutch will be necessary at some point due to the additional power.

Not that I'm knowledgable, but isn't the gearbox going to be under pressure? Carrera T has the 7 speed rather than the 6 speed found in GT3s and the like or doesn't that make a difference? Brakes too, they're the 4 pot rather than the 6 pot that S,GTS, Turbo etc. get I believe.
_________________
991.1 C2, 986 Boxster S
Past pleasures: 997.1 GT3, 997.2 C4S Cab, 993 C2, 997.1 C2S, 996.1 C4
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
GT3ZZZ
Newbie


Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Posts: 22



PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJA911 wrote:
9E website acknowledges clutch as follows:-

1, PDK is fine to hold this additional power. We do check the PDK operation first to make sure there is no known issues.
2. For Manual cars currently on the cars we have done the clutch is not slipping since the clutch is relatively new - however we do expect that upgrading the clutch will be necessary at some point due to the additional power.

Not that I'm knowledgable, but isn't the gearbox going to be under pressure? Carrera T has the 7 speed rather than the 6 speed found in GT3s and the like or doesn't that make a difference? Brakes too, they're the 4 pot rather than the 6 pot that S,GTS, Turbo etc. get I believe.


The clutch is starting to slip a bit in low down pulls in higher gears. Looking at either refinishing the OEM part with a higher friction setup or a new carbon clutch. The 991.2 7MT has the same parts as the 991.1R and 991.2 GT3.

Re brakes, my car has PCCB's, same size discs and callipers as turbo S etc. I'm confident it will easily outbrake a 991.2 turbo S given the same hardware and 200kg less weight:)

Last edited by GT3ZZZ on Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
GT3ZZZ
Newbie


Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Posts: 22



PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spooky wrote:
lk993 wrote:
spooky wrote:
You aren't too far away from me and so I was interested until I saw the price of the GTS stage 1. £3K seems a lot for a remap and especially when someone like Litchfield will give 2/3 of the increase for 1/3 of the price.


I was wondering the same. I'm thinking perhaps 9E are changing the plenum also which may explain the extra 30 horses over Litchfield.


Not based on what they say on their website. Perhaps they are just boosting it more.

It would be interesting to hear their comments regarding what you are getting for your money.


I haven't had a car tuned by Iain L so can't comment on his work, other than he has a great reputation for GT-R.

What 9e offer is a fully bespoke tune, they had my car for 9 days and had many iterations of the tune during which the car covered around around 100 road miles being vboxed and analysed and improved multiple times. The labour cost and bespoke nature of the tune to my (modified) hardware made it good VFM for me versus a generic remap.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
MJA911
Sepang


Joined: 10 Dec 2013
Posts: 2835
Location: Berkshire

2012 Porsche 991 Carrera

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like all the bases are covered @GT3ZZZ, must be a hell of a package, a good value one too 👍
_________________
991.1 C2, 986 Boxster S
Past pleasures: 997.1 GT3, 997.2 C4S Cab, 993 C2, 997.1 C2S, 996.1 C4
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum