Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ebay C4S

it does, MOT history reasonable too. Whats the catch (was it Tony Blairs reg WMD ..?)

That's a £20k plus car all day long even if you consider it's an auto

Looks like a scam to me. Either that if they dropped a 1 off the front of it

I'm currently looking at a very similar car but it's a manual with over 110,000 miles and I thought it's value was about £9k as it has no warranty but a good history.

Subject to the history I would have thought £15-!7k. 110k miles isn't a lot if it's been well looked after

Winny911 said:
That's a £20k plus car all day long even if you consider it's an auto

Looks like a scam to me. Either that if they dropped a 1 off the front of it

£20k market for cars with 100k+ miles was never there, this is closer to £15k

except the sellers profile /feedback and pricing of all of their cars indicates this is a scam

since it's also based in Yorkshire, then :bye:

I would think theres something wrong as its easily 10k too cheap. Don't quite understand how scams work if it's a scam, if there's physically no car then how do you come to part with money for it?

The car in the add has 47k and is worth £20k+ all day long more if it was a manual

The other car with 110k on the clock is a manual and worth £15-18k

The scam often works as when you phone up they say they have someone interested but if you send them a deposit they will hold the car for you. You send them a small deposit say £200 and that's the last you see of them the car and your money

I'm trying to get an idea of value on a car that I'm looking at.

As previously mentioned it's an 02 C4S Turbo body with 113,000 miles in Arctic Silver.
It has a pretty good history and was last serviced 4 yrs ago at an OPC.
12 stamps in the book but not all OPC, 2 at an Indy.
There are lot's of invoices and receipts mostly from OPC's.
It's in good condition and has black leather with electric heated seats and good PCM with phone connectivity and sat nav.
There is a few deep scratches on the rear quarter and it has had a front end respray.
Sports exhaust fitted a number of years ago.
Tyres are good but alloys need refurb.

Draw backs, I've got no idea if the IMS is good or bad, there is a mention of a leak that was rectified a few years ago.
Also bore score check has never been done.
No warranty at all and no come back.

I see it at about £10k with the lack of back up warranty.

last service 4 years ago ... a worry

it's a PPI & OPC Bore scope before anything else. Mate contact the OPC who serviced it & see any notes they may have on it.

Have a look at the MOT history too

Done the MOT check and it's okay ish!

Contacted OPC who went through the servicing and as I say it mentioned the IMS seal replacement but no bore scope check.

Have NO comeback once I've bought it.

Only 4,000 miles since last service 4 years ago.

It's not just the mileage that's the problem. It is also the oil degredation. It can begin to eat away at components. This is why many garage queens fail as owners never change the oil often enough.

I would want to drain the oil to look at the filter or at least pull off the filter & take it apart. As long as you pay for the PPI & SCOPE & any thing else the seller shouldn't have a problem

You will probably be in for £3 consumables from the off with Discs, pads, tyres, a/c but interesting the opc changed the RMS but didnt touch the IMS. They won't do it as a matter of course as they stick to the 'no problem' line but you will have to look at £1500 if you want it changed.

mines on 107k and I'm in it for £18.5 k so another £1500 for me wont add value but will make it easier to sell when I make the move to the 996 turbo

Although its at 107k it drives so well I am still smitten. Much to think about but get the checks done first. Your gut will tell you. I walked away about a year ago from a cheap one. It was bought & sold soon after so wonder what happened (It was black on black with smoked lenses)

I can't take it away and do anything. I have NO comeback once bought.

Discs and pads are new.

It wasn't the RMS that was leaking it was the IMS cover seal and it was changed.

I'm just looking for an estimate on value due to the above.

Thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back