Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Clocks lit up?

NotoriousREV

My wife just went out to her car to get something and she noticed that my
clocks were displaying the mileage/speed/clock etc. I haven't used the car at all today and I'm 100% sure it wasn't lit when I walked passed it earlier this afternoon. I checked it was locked, unlocked it and tried locking it again but they stayed lit up. I tried to start the car but the battery was too drained. I've taken the battery off and put it to charge (it was down to 10v).

Any ideas what's caused this?

Low battery voltage.

Most likely.

Alarm should go off too when it drops too low. Very amusing at 2am.

A guess would be a faulty ignition switch or a faulty instrument cluster with ign switch being the most obvious out of the two .

It's just about possible it's the light switch but i would expect the side lights to be on as well .

Disconnect light switch to check and then disconnect ignition switch to see if either turns them off is what i would do .

These light on all the time will flatten a battery in a day or two of it being unused .

So this problem has cropped up again. My battery is brand new and fully charged, I've fitted a new ignition switch but the odo/speedo/clock stay permanently lit. Any ideas?

I will have to suggest a garage looks at this .. a live dash will flatten a battery in a few days .

My feeling is a cluster fault but there's no checks or indeed anything i can think of to help out here .. sorry .

Happened on mine, and was the ignition switch as mentioned above. VAG part sorted it out.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back