Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air condenser ruptured

C4Silver

Sao Paulo
Ok, at some point on Sunday ? Strines, Mam Tor or anywhere in between my condenser suffered a clean strike to its ageing frontage, no offending article recovered but its newness was dampened by a dark stain, between the top of winnets and Eyam there appeared to be some kind of whirring noise on lift off, almost turbo like until I realised what I was driving and thought hmmmmm,

I turned everything off to try and listen air con wise and it stopped immediaately, back on again and the noise steadily returned ?

I know the condenser is cooked, I'll replace both, prob do both rads at the same time and also fit the third rad ?

Question is ? Was it something as simple as the air con pump making the noise ? It's still all a bit new to me, a bit like the bloody regas the car had just had at a cost of £90 😳

mine did a similar thing the other day, I'm hoping its just the pump going dry for a while, cant imagine it would be designed in such a way as to fry the pump every time the a/c pressure drops.

When low on gas the aircon makes a whooshing and gurgling sound in the middle of the dashboard, fix the condensor and get it regassed and it should be fine :thumb:

Might be worth looking at the HVAC motor behind the glovebox to check if there is any debris in there.
I had some noise due to debris rattling around in there. You'll find details, & a link to instructions to get at the HVAC motor in the thread linked below. The steps are for a 996, but I'd imagine it would be much the same for a 997.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=134558&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

It's the compressor - and normal when gas is low. Best turn air con off until recharged.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stinkyspanner
Back