Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help needed which car to buy

noel993

Hello hope someone can help there are 2 car im looking at ones 2005 996 turbo s hundred and nine thousand miles which is advertised on here and there is a 2003 996 Turbo x50 72,000 polar silver Morgan cars Ireland and advice on which one I should go for please, Noel

I would PM ragpicker or Jay (depending on your budget). They're both forum regulars, have spent good money in the right places, and are passionate about the cars they have. Both of those will be a vastly better buy than one through a dealer, plus you can then continue the legacy on here :thumbs:

eabeukes said:
I would PM ragpicker or Jay (depending on your budget). They're both forum regulars, have spent good money in the right places, and are passionate about the cars they have. Both of those will be a vastly better buy than one through a dealer, plus you can then continue the legacy on here :thumbs:

:yeah:

I'm not sure I'd want the hassle of buying and bringing a car from Ireland and I'm certain I wouldn't want a 109k mile car so I can't help you choose I'm afraid.

It looks like you're set on an X50 or an 'S' which does limit your options somewhat but they do come along if you're prepared to wait.

Are you budget constrained?

eabeukes said:

I've tried, and failed miserably, to 'follow' Ragpicker's 996 Turbo and, every time, it just leaves me for dead. Its SUCH a superb car.

I really shouldn't say this (as i hope, as one of his mates, he never sells the Black Pearl - i think, personally, he's stupid!) but, for me, its one of the fastest, the best, and certainly one of the best 996 Turbo's available in the UK.

Anyone who buys it will be getting a superb Porsche. Just MHO

Osh :thumb:

Osh said:
I've tried, and failed miserably, to 'follow' Ragpicker's 996 Turbo and, every time, it just leaves me for dead. Its SUCH a superb car.

I really shouldn't say this (as i hope, as one of his mates, he never sells the Black Pearl - i think, personally, he's stupid!) but, for me, its one of the fastest, the best, and certainly one of the best 996 Turbo's available in the UK.

If I had the funds and could stomach putting 50+ miles a day (on crappy B-roads) onto it I would have bought it already.

Osh said:

No arguments from me BUT the two cars noel993 were asking about were both standard manual cars. Ragpicker's car is a heavily modified Tiptronic.

Osh said:
eabeukes said:

Very kind words fellas, thank you very much indeed :thumb:

Sadly, the car just doesn't get used and (apart from 200 miles this week because I was doing something with the leggy Boxster) it hadn't been driven since we came back from Scotland when it did 2000 very hard miles without so much as a whimper. I've got to say after driving it this week I think if anyone came to see it they would buy it - it really is a superb example.

The Boxster is now fixed and 'The Black Pearl' will be getting a bath and tucked back into bed again on the trickle until we head off to Europe next spring, or until the next owner comes along. I'm in no rush to sell so am quite happy to remain the custodian, although I do have a friend who's trying to put the money together for it at the moment, until that happens it will remain available.

For anyone interested, here she is now, waiting for a wash before hibernation

48727455767_98d9189eb2_k.jpg

:thumb:

Buy the x50, avoid the possible costs of PCCB issues. If you want to modify it I would get a standard turbo not an x50.

MC

Would rather a 109,000 with FSH than a 59,000 Garage queen with biennial oil changes & failing joints due to long periods of inactivity.

Built to be driven otherwise buy some Art !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back