Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GTS to 991.1 GTS - experiences please.....

leasky

Monza
Good evening all.

I am contemplating going from a 997 GTS (PDK / 2 WD) to a 991.1 GTS (PDK / 2 WD). I am sure that some of the congregation have gone this path previously and I would be very keen to hear your experiences / thoughts / likes / regrets etc etc.

I have had my buggy for 5 very happy years and she has never missed a beat and I am very happy with her, however I keep hearing wonderful things about the 991.1 version of this iconic car.

Thank you in advance,

Colin.

I've got a manual 997 GTS and contemplated buying my OPC's 991.2 GTS demonstrator. So not a 991.1 but for me the main difference between the cars is the chassis.....the ride of the 991 was more rounded I suppose. Still felt like a sporty set up but was much better at dealing with bad road surfaces. For me I preferred the gearbox in the 997, steering and also the fact as this was a really big spec car that I would have had to write a cheque of nearly £50k!

Gearbox in the 991 will be better than your car as it's a newer version so that is quite a big difference.

Ultimately only you can decide!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back