Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pcm 2.1 replacement

Pjt73

Yes i know. I have looked through and have seen a lot around the PCM 2.1.

My question which i have not found the answer to, is which replacement head unit that retains all functionality of the sports chrono?

Just bought the car. Looked through a lot of threads but unable to find the answer.

Thanks.

Welcome pjt73
There isn't. Aside from the sport button, I'll be amazed if you use any of the features.

jonno_ said:
Welcome pjt73
There isn't. Aside from the sport button, I'll be amazed if you use any of the features.

Ok cheers mate. And thanks for the welcome.

Any you do know, pics, specs and ownership story / car progression are essential!

jonno_ said:
Any you do know, pics, specs and ownership story / car progression are essential!

Added a little bit

I had a Pioneer head unit put in to replace my 2.1 (non bose) not long after buying my car, within a month the P/S door speaker had blown and now 14 months on the D/S speaker has gone too - changing the speakers is an absolute nightmare from what i've read (not just a case of swapping them) - now I've not heard of this happening with anyone else who's changed head units so I'm a bit perplexed as to why it's happened to me, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Newbe said:
Which unit you going for???

Really not sure. I may just end up getting a denison or similar as it seems simpler and the bluetooth is what i want to be honest. Then go from there if not happy.

Pioneer

I was in the same boat as you a few years back, I swapped out the PCM with Bose for a Pioneer car play unit and JL Audio 6 channel amp and kept the Bose 2 ohm speakers.
Functionality was great with the car play for maps etc but it just didn't sound as good as the Bose which is tuned exactly for the car interior, so I took it all out and went back to the PCM with a Bluetooth adapter replacing the CD changer for my iPhone.
For the times I use the NAV, maps on my iPhone on the Brodit cradle its just fine.

I have Sport Chrono and I've never used its functions on the PCM.

Sport chrono has functions on the PCM :eek: :eek: I may have played with it a bit when I first brought the car but thats all . :thumb: You could look into retrofitting the pcm 3 from the 997.2 that would give you more uptodate everything including bluetooth and options to stream music etc .plus the chrono functions it's doable but a more expensive mod than fitting a Denison or similar . :thumb: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back