Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil Change

Moko

So my cars nearly reached its time for an oil change.

It's the first time I have tried this so are there any current deals on suitable oil that you would recommend?

Carpart4less.co.uk usually work out the cheapest once you enter the discount code off their home page. They do a selection of Porsche recommended oils.

Sadly you just missed a flash sale on Opie oils (yesterday).

GSF often have 60% deals on, sign up to their newsletter or whatever it is, then there's always good old Halfords if you catch them right they sometimes have a deal on Mobil 1

That's the easy part, what weight oil is it your using ?

Ha :D I knew this would come up.....so far I've just used Mobil Super 3000 5W-40 as thats what came with the car when I bought it.

But I am totally up for any suggestions especially as it will be a complete change not just topping up.....let me know what you guys recommend....let the controversy begin :D

£54 for 10l delivered from carparts4less.

Attachments

• screenshot_2019_09_10_12_06_11_356.png
    screenshot_2019_09_10_12_06_11_356.png
    386.9 KB · Views: 2,444
That's a great offer thanks for sharing

I'm currently running the above, my Indie advised this as I wanted to jump straight into the 10W - 50 millers nanodrive, but he said I'd not got near the kind of mileage to warrant it ? Not sure he worked that out based on the fact that Hartech fit it their new builds from the outset, As far as Oils go there's not a lot to be unhappy about, the price is a major positive from the link above, I e just ordered 2 jugs of it myself !

:thumbs:

My mileage improved significantly when I used the Nanodrive (over Mobil 1).

I've got a sample bottle to send off to millers for diagnosis, I just forgot to take it with me last month when I had it serviced ? see what they recommend ? Interested to see that MPG improved significantly when Nanodrive used ?
Mines not driven enough or consistently enough to work out what it's averaging ?

I haven't got a clue ? There does seem to be a lot of very positive reviews from all over regarding this oil though ?

There is but it's the mot expensive & I'm only doing aout 3000 per yea so either I do cheaper twice a year or Millers once. I will let you know what they say (remembering to get a ample !)

incidentally, it's funny the local Lidl is 3 miles away but whenever I drive there it takes 20 miles via the Hampshire B roads. I think it must be the poor sat nav or something..............................

Right I have been gathering all the parts ready for my first DIY oil change...I've got the Oil....The Oil filter and the new rubber ring but what I think I am missing is the washer for the drain plug or are you just supposed to reuse the old one?

If it's a new washer what size are they and where do you get them?

it has to be a new one. about 60p from an OEM or free if you buy yourself a magnetic sump plug from ECP

Looking at it the oil drain plug is a standard size for all cars and the washer is also a standard size.

I'm not sure if my car already has a magnetic sump plug is there any way to check before I waste money on one exactly the same?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back