Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cabriolet roof creak above head

With the arrival of autumn and putting the roof up I have a very annoying loud creak in the roof approximately above the window join, i have wd40ed all the moving joints and silicone sprayed all the rubber, would anyone have experienced this and found a solution to make my autumn peaceful :?:

Are the plastic end covers intact over the lugs that slot into the top of the A-pillar?

Seen in this photo:

(not where the green arrows are pointing but the actual centre piece)

pic02.jpg

Hi, Yes intact
Sorry was not clear its from above the join in the side windows, creek seems to come from within not a joint. Tried to upload a short video of noise/location but file was to large file
Cheers.

Lets just say its a noise i know well and im 95% certain i'm correct in what it is .. i never say 100% on anything .

About 1 foot back from the front edge of the roof is a pivot .. an arm locates onto the front section .. this pivot makes this noise .. 986 is the same.

It's about 1.5 - 2 hrs labor for a garage to repair.

You basically have to fold the canvas back to gain access so its front bar and seal removed .. side rubber seal dropped .. small screws with difficult access to get at .. unstick the canvas at the front ( double sided tape ) peel the canvas back and you will see the pivot .

Square locking clip .. remove that .. push out the pivot then grease and reassemble .

I have to admit .. its a rather annoying noise .

Robert Wildbur said:
Hi, Yes intact
Sorry was not clear its from above the join in the side windows, creek seems to come from within not a joint. Tried to upload a short video of noise/location but file was to large file
Cheers.

I knew where you meant, but noises can appear in places caused by other areas not being right.

Thanks, that will be why my generous lubrication failed, will have to put up to service time :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back