Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 turbo mods wanted

Brunty88

Trainee
as above
already have dsc controller and kline headers and exhaust and sachs clutch upgrade
ideally DO88 big pack intercoolers and pipework with ipd or DO88 plenums and 82mm TB
cash waiting

in the same boat

Hi

I am at the same level as yourself, except I still need to get my clutch changed ,its been sitting in its box for the past 6 months so need to get my finger out.

How was the upgraded clutch over the standard for feel and bight?

I am after a Do88 big kit also, I have seen they have an 18% off on black Friday last year. it will be here before you know it.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Yeah I heard that as well and it is also not that far away so may wait unless I get a used one in the mean time
I'm looking to possibly upgrade to a .2 pdk turbo so maybe not wise to be buying all new parts lol but there's only a couple things to change so may well still do that
With regards to the clutch I don't know I brought it already fitted so can't help there unless you wanted to try it ?

clutch

Cheers for the offer to try the clutch :thumb:

I keep have a 997.2 turbo S PDK itch, but the difference in cost between my 997.1 turbo 6M 50k ish and a 997.2 turbo S will be roughly 20k ish.

I know a PDK box is good and launches are amazing but 20K.
I dont have spare 20k :?: :?:

But 997.2 turbo s would be my forever car , Not my daily.

Cheers

I have a 997.1 with 997.2 bumpers. Front and rear lights with drl and wheels. Had a sports exhaust and GT2 Rs coolers and a Steinbauer Ecu put on and she flies now and looks like a .2
Who needs to spend the extra 20k?

I'm sure that's a good compromise
But by the time you add up all those small mods and bits and pieces minus the pdk box it's not a 20k difference
I'm not looking to upgrade for looks
Anyways back to wanted lol

How much is the IPD competition y pipe, plenum and GT3 throttle body new and how much are they worth used?

Might part with mine if the price is right. PM me if you like.

What does the IPD etc all add the the performance?

Was this not the contentious point Wayne schofield brought up recently that he had never seen an improvement on the dyno changing the y pipe etc?

Gazc2 said:
Was this not the contentious point Wayne schofield brought up recently that he had never seen an improvement on the dyno changing the y pipe etc?

have you got a link to this ? I read the whole thread about intercoolers which was interesting

I can see why adding just the pipe changes nothing but combined with a larger TB and better flow path I can see it working

All depends on what turbos you use. Std intake can easily outflow std turbos.

Mezgerite said:
All depends on what turbos you use. Std intake can easily outflow std turbos.

I think standard intake outflows big GT2 VTGs and for me never been 100% with partial throttle inputs at low speed. I would pass on the IPD Y Pipe, plenum and 82mm Gt3 throttle body if doing again. A small niggle. Hardly noticeable.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back