Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991- 95k @ Sub 40k - 👍🏻👎🏻

Richie3

Evening all.

As the title suggests.

Is buying a 911 with that much mileage ever a good idea. It's a great price and I do prefer the 991 over the 997 but 95k is a big hurdle?

What's your opinions ?

Cheers

It's a good idea if the price is right and you are planning to keep the car for a while.

If not ................. :dont know: but I wouldn't risk it.

ps. Apart from potential resale issues the other big thing to consider is whether the saving at time of purchase will be offset by the increased cost in replacing worn out parts. A detailed PPI would be essential.

T8 said:
It's a good idea if the price is right and you are planning to keep the car for a while.

If not ................. :dont know: but I wouldn't risk it.

ps. Apart from potential resale issues the other big thing to consider is whether the saving at time of purchase will be offset by the increased cost in replacing worn out parts. A detailed PPI would be essential.

I think you maybe right........ it's easy to get seduced by the initial cost, but any saving made can be lost quite easily.

Although the car is well spec'd And does come with a 12 month warranty, I think it better to look for something with lower miles

Cheers T8 👍🏻

Probably won't be a cheap car after 18+ months of replacing worn out parts.

Edit, just noticed 12months warranty but I'd still give it a miss!

cars are for driving and not museum pieces of art.

unless its a super rare version and it has potential for $$ growth then get a high miler.

high milers will have all the issues run through and will have been looked after and used, not sat with all the rubber and bits hardening

plus if you don't do many miles then it will level out long term

the 3.4 991 with sports pipe is a great drive and sound and some good ones to be had.

some late 30k ones up north but probably poverty spec and non sports pipe or sports chrono or chassis. stretch the budget and get one with decent options.

I would like a 991 next as a daily.

Where is this car - I cannot see it?!?

Can someone please give me a link to it! :thumbs: :thumbs:

There is an 84k mile car for sale up north for 39k

It's at a truck dealer which is a bit odd

Not sure on spec though but looks nice with the red calipers and quad pipes

NLW73 said:
There is an 84k mile car for sale up north for 39k

It's at a truck dealer which is a bit odd

Not sure on spec though but looks nice with the red calipers and quad pipes

Where? Link?

I cannot see any of these cars, are people just imagining these cars LOL :eek: :eh!:

AutoTrader chief. Marvellous place to look for new and used cars :thumb:

FZP said:

It's not on there - if you can link it I'm happy to eat humble pie :dont know: :eh!:

Ahhh hold on, I guess you're not talking about the S but not standard ones?! No wonder...us posh folk don't look at the carrera section :puh: :grin:

BigLion said:
FZP said:

It's not on there - if you can link it I'm happy to eat humble pie :dont know: :eh!:

Ahhh hold on, I guess you're not talking about the S but not standard ones?! No wonder...us posh folk don't look at the carrera section :puh: :grin:
Get your knife and fork out chief, lick those lips. It's time for pie.... :floor:
I just found a great car on Auto Trader.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201906279466227?atmobcid=soc3
All pork is good pork.... :bandit:

I'm feeling the love for 991's right now and that one looks super. :thumb:

kas750 said:
The Gen2 cars appeal to me the same way my 997.2 did when I bought it. I'd love to say it's on the cards, but then I'd never hear the end of it from Spongebob. :grin:
He'd be unbearable if id purchased a yellow one :grin:

FZP said:
kas750 said:
The Gen2 cars appeal to me the same way my 997.2 did when I bought it. I'd love to say it's on the cards, but then I'd never hear the end of it from Spongebob. :grin:
He'd be unbearable if id purchased a yellow one :grin:
I think we need to keep that to ourselves :grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back