Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust Trims on PSE

Paul Farrar

Silverstone
For the 2nd time, one of the painted 'cowls' on my PSE fell off...! I lost the first a couple of years ago out on the road somewhere, so that was that. Today however, it was on the track at Thruxton, so I was eventually able to recover it, between sessions, slightly chipped, but otherwise re-usable.

They had the correct 'anti-vibration' washers in place, but still one of them let go! I then removed the remaining one as a precaution.

I am wondering whether this is a regular occurence, as I can't recall this topic being raised previously? Maybe Loctite as well next time...?

Hertsdriver said:
do you mean the tailpipes?

Not the full tailpipe, just the 'cosmetic' painted trim/shroud that surrounds the tailpipes on the PSE.

Surprised to hear they fell off as I couldn't remove mine even though I tried hard. The outer trim held on by a single hex bolt right?

That's right. A single M8 x 20 bolt with a so-called anti vibration washer. I've had mine off a couple of times over the years for cleaning and/or repainting the ends of the tailpipes themselves. Maybe therein lies the problem as they haven't been allowed to 'weld' themselves together......! I shall have a close look at the fixing method and see if there's any way I can make it more robust. Otherwise I'll definitely use some Loctite next time around.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back