Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone Using Yatour Bluetooth Kit?

Moko

Just wondering if anyone can answer some questions on this kit available on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DC6G...colid=VNGX9P76MZ4Z&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

My 996 has the basic CD22 Radio/CD player with a separate CD changer from the looks of it just has standard RCA plugs not the optical fibre but it does have what looks like a separate Amp next to the changer.

In operation can you use something like Waze and the voice come through the cars speakers and then will the Navigation go silent if you answer a phone call?

I've never used a system like this and am just trying to work out it's limitations

Its just a bluetooth adapter that pretends to be a cd changer

You plug it in place of the CD changer (you lose the cd changer).

Your phone is the source of everything. You can play music on your phone (you will likely need to instigate this when you start the car) then you can change tracks on the headunit. It will be awkward to search for a track - you will need to use the phone screen for that.

You can use waze as nav - you will have to use the phone screen to set this up.

You can do both at the same time - set music playing, set nav going. The nav will override the music.

If you get a phone call you can press a button on the Becker to answer / hangup and it will go back to your nav/music afterwards.

What you can't do is listen to the FM radio and expect it to switch. The headunit will have no idea a call is coming in or you need navigating. The Becker will have to be set to "CD changer" and you have to play any music via your phone.

I have a similar setup (£2 aux wire and £10 bluetooth adapter) but it doesn't pretend to be a cd changer so I have to use the buttons on the adapter or the phone screen to change tracks or recieve calls.

I use BBC sounds app or tune in to get radio via the phone data connection when I want radio and nav or expect a call. In practice if you can see the phone screen you know a call is coming in, so can manually switch the headunit (in my case to aux) to talk.

I have one of these but only use it for Ipod conectivity on a CDR and works well.... sorry but cant comment on the BT part of it...

Thanks as always that's just the information I needed.

As the sound is always going to be pretty rubbish in my 996 unless I change the speakers get a sub etc. there's not a lot of point in me getting a double DIN when I would only use it connected to CarPlay so I might as well save what basically would just be a bigger screen in the car.

Doesn't seem to much of a restriction to keeping the original Becker head unit on Aux/CD changer.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back