Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Recently picked up my Gen 2 Carrera S :)

Kevinf1

Lurked for a while, recently (finally) pulled the trigger on an early Gen 2 Carrera S.
Wanted either a 997 or 964 for a long time!
Love the retro look to it, and surprised just how old school the drive feels vs. new cars - really enjoying it!
Thought I'd say hi - hope to meet some of you in the future.

Attachments

• 911_2_782.jpg
    911_2_782.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 2,442
  • 911_3_180.jpg
    911_3_180.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 2,442
  • 911_1_191.jpg
    911_1_191.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 2,442
  • 911_4_167.jpg
    911_4_167.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 2,442
  • 911_5_190.jpg
    911_5_190.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 2,442
  • 911_6_195.jpg
    911_6_195.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 2,442
  • 911_7_789.jpg
    911_7_789.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 2,442
Nice! Welcome to the forum 👍

Gen 2
Manual
C2S
you are living the dream with those 3 things alone.....but I may be biased. Looks lovely and wait until you bond with it. They are such lovely things to drive.
I was coming home from a Porsche event on Sat where a couple of guy a were trying to razz me up in their type R's. So I played the " let's make everything in my mirrors smaller in 5 secs" game. But that game is better in the twisty roads.
Enjoy in good health

A belated :welcome: to the forum and Congrat's to entering 911 ownership.

Nice car. :thumb:

Good choice mate, i thought the exact same thing on how old school they feel, feels so raw compared to new cars. It took my a while to get used to it fully, but i'm hooked now!
Enjoy!

Beauty, nice graphics :worship:

Nice looking car, good choice. Like the white seat backs. Welcome and enjoy.

Sooooperb, nice pics, and welcome to the forum.. :thumb: :thumb:

Lovely looking car & they are so nice to drive, they become addictive. :thumb:

Congrats Kevin
I was watching that car for a while looks lovely. I bought a very similar spec Gen 2 in the end and absolutely love driving it - and just looking at it tbh.
Early cars didn't have PSE which I originally had down as a must have option, I've decided I like it standard now and can hear the engine.
No sunroof, no wiper :thumbs:
Enjoy
Adrian

Thanks all for the welcome!

Had a couple of good drives in it now - definitely enjoying it, and loving the steering and smooth engine.
Will definitely take a while to get the most out of it I suspect!

There is clearly some love for the manual here :)

Ah @rouleur - I thought the PSE just hadn't been specced - happy with it at the moment, but I do love a good exhaust so may tinker with it at some point!

lovely car , spec and colour

if I was going to get a gen 2 it would pretty much be that!! well done and enjoy

Ah @rouleur - I thought the PSE just hadn't been specced - happy with it at the moment, but I do love a good exhaust so may tinker with it at some point![/quote]

I'm in the same boat, early .2 with standard exhaust. I snapped up a Tubi system for mine and I love the sound. When you get up it, it sounds like an old air cooled race car. Drive it normally and it sounds like factory non PSE.
The weight of 1 standard can feels like the whole Tubi system, which comes standard with 3rd muffler delete cross over pipes. Worth a look.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back