Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Glacier White 996.1 GT3 Aero Kit 1999

JM30

Hello all,

Wanting to share my new purchase, after selling my 2001 996.1 C2

I sold it to pursue another car, I wanted to keep it forever but this required selling the 996 at the time to make it work, always thought of trying to get another later on however It all went a little sour and If I'm honest I missed how much bang for the money the 996 was!, soon after selling the 996 I purchased a E90 M3 Saloon to try give me some buzz back while using It daily too but this fell short of my expectations as I missed having something for the weekend/shows and tinkering, had many M3's love them and this one is a cracker with 1 years BMW warranty (currently for sale if anyone is interested)

Anyway missing the 996 and felt I would struggle to find another anything nearly as nice as i felt mine was I put a Wanted advert on here and a really nice guy called Tony PM'd me and the rest is history :thumb:

I'm so chuffed with It, being white I hadn't even thought of white being on my radar for a 996 (rarely optioned I believe?) Specs are Factory Aero kit black Sports seats, 18" Sport design Wheels, premium sound, and some more nice bits, but for me the most important bit is the Kit and black sports seats, anything else is a bonus,

I'm very happy how clean It was inside is very nice little ware on the seats and plastics all look amazing, Service history is amazing like my old one It's got a huge folder of invoices and a Fully stamped book, Letter of authenticity among other extra books the previous owner took time to collect so all making a really nice package with the car,

Recent clutch and service at Northway however Due a service now on time so I will get that booked in ready to try enjoy while the weather is still nice,

1999 C2 3.4l only 56400 miles

When taking it for a test drive I noticed something felt 'loose knocking feel' when driving over bumps in the road this has to be sorted ASAP while in for a service, and a slight whine coming from the rear (wheel bearing maybe?)

Plans and bits I'm buying straight away are

Koni Sport damper H&R Spring kit (had this on my last one and loved the stance and feel)

997 GT3 SS Gear shifter box (as fitted to my last one)

Wheel spacers for that nicer stance and feel (again same as before)

GT3 centre dash Delete kit

Change exhaust tips to larger Porsche OE oval ones, has a DANSK sport silencers fitted to OE cats so might change it all to TOPGEAR or try find a PSE and refurb it,

Fit Low temp thermostat (Kindly supplied by Tony)

Service using Millers oil and check over the whole car for anything needed

Change the tyres (at some point) Toyo Proxies currently fitted but would like to try something else,

Other bits like full paintwork detail wheels off arches etc etc will be done when all work is complete, can't wait to get started, I will update this thread on my progress, like my old thread on the other one.

So my old one

IMG-2051.jpg

New one (previous owners images until I get mine done)

IMG-6759.jpg

IMG-6766.jpg

IMG-6782.jpg

IMG-6778.jpg

IMG-6771.jpg

IMG-6770.jpg

Really happy and looking forward to getting It looking/felling how I want,

Really nice to have met Tony (previous owner) many thanks

:thumb:

Early C2 with aerokit, you are clearly a very sensible man. Looks great.

MC

Looks fantastic and love those sports seats :thumbs:

Cheers guys, Yes early car has It's plus points too,

And yes you read my mind forgot to mention the black centre's are not doing it for me either, I was either going to go for anthracite like my last set or (don't shoot me down!) red or blue and try go for a nod to a car I dream of owning see picture below of my inspiration and only because the new one is white, I know It's not a GT3 nor an RS! but I wonder?! I do fancy a set of GT3 Buckets black leather ones at some point too.

Am I Mad? bit of fun?

Porsche-996-GT3-RS.jpg

martini-jpg2.jpg

Gorgeous! Nice purchase. 8)

This must be Jimmy P's old car on here then?

Enjoy, and do what you like with it. Have a mess about with wheel colour and side stripes by all means. It's all easily reversible if you don't like it.

I look forward to updates. :thumb:

Marky911 said:
This must be Jimmy P's old car on here then?

True story, Jimmy P beat me to buying that car by one day so I ended up with the arctic silver.

OP, congratulations. I think it looks superb in white with aerokit. Funny white wasn't fashionable then so it's such a rare colour on 996s.

Have the centre console painted in white; I'm a fan of body colour centre console.

Hi matey, that bloomin' Jimmy P eh. :x (Only joking Jimmy. :D )
It's a small world the Porsche world. There always links once you get talking to people.

Good shout on the centre console. The front delete then body colour combo is very cool. 8)

Cheers, like the idea of a Body colour centre console, I will update when I get started,

Doe anyone recommend Carnewal.com for parts?

And yes I was told by the previous owner It was known on the forum, hope it's a good one! 8)

Hi yes it was my car.
It looks fantastic. I always fancied getting the centre console painted white, it would really set off the interior which is one of least worn interiors I have seen on an early 996.

Hi Jimmy P, I agree it's very well kept over the years, how long did you own it for? Was it you that had all the work done by Noble Motorsport?

The previous owner purchased it from a dealer a few years ago only covering around a 1000miles, he had a service and clutch done at Northway last year, I want to use it more and improve on certain things so looking forward to it,

Cheers

Ive pm'd you

It looks superb in white, great condition too.
If it were mine I'd only change the colour of the wheel centres to silver or a light grey.
8)

Cheers, Yeah I'm going to change the centre of the wheels most likely bottle it and go Anthracite :mrgreen:

Welcome back to the GT3 Kit club, thats a lovely looking car you have there!

Sorry to hijack your thread but if anyone reading is interested. I am going to be selling my Speed Yellow factory GT3 kit car very shortly 67k mint, lots of extras. I will post details once I have done the ad.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back