Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Swapped my Silver 996 for Grey 997 (will you forgive me?)

C11BRA

Not because I had run out of things to change on my 996, but and odd series of events pointed me in the direction of treating myself to an upgrade. Don't shoot! I did look & drive an Aston Martin Vantage which started the initial idea to change. However, the Prodrive upgraded Vantage was nice to drive, it felt scruffy. And my wife said I was too young for an Aston. (I took this as a compliment). So......then, this lovely looking 997 popped up. Hmmmmmmm wonder if he would consider taking my 996 in PX. So I asked. He agreed and we made a deal. He may keep my old car, but as discussed, he would put it up for sale whilst he thinks about it. He has owned a bunch of Porsche's, the last few being a 993 then jumping to the 997. He missed out the 996 and I have a sneaking suspicion he might just fall in love with my slightly more analogue car. It's on EBay if anyone is interested.

So guys. Is it cool to still post on the 996 forum or am I black listed now? I'd like to keep you updated with my comparisons between the 2 models. Good and bad. In some areas, I already miss the 996. Partly because I have spent the last 7 years looking after it and keeping on top of the maintenance. And partly because I'm worried the 997 could have hidden surprises. You guys already know I love to play around so fixing a few issues is fine. Did you know that the 997 doesn't have an oil dipstick! WTF!

You probably don't want any photos of the new car so I won't waste your time.

(Sorry Aston Martin. Maybe in 20 years? )

Ger outta here with your filthy modern rubbish. Tell us what you think of the differences first though....

MC

You wont regret changing to the one with the proper headlights :D and youve been around here long enough to know pictures of your new steed are mandatory :hand:

I'd be interested to hear your reviews between the 2 after spending so long in the 996.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:43 pm Post subject:
You wont regret changing to the one with the proper headlights

Proper headlights?!? I thought the 997 was only available with those old fashioned round headlights, not the futuristic fried egg ones!?!?😂😂

Seriously though like others I'd like to know you're opinion. My missus is hankering after a 987 boxster

So it seems that my postimage images have already disappeared like photobucket. So here's one from imgbb

imagehosting

I can post more photos later. (If you want)

And before you ask, NO, I'm not going to fit LED lights and different bumpers that no-one has seen before.

I've always really like the 997.1 with aerokit/GT3 styling. Last of the non-led cars which quite ironically, I really like. Almost retro but just gorgeous to look at.

I'll tell you later more about the spec.

I thought that was your old car on the bay, new car looks cracking! :thumb:

Hertsdriver said:
please tell me it doesnt have a GT3 badge.... :floor:

Well. If that's what you want to hear.

It doesn't have a GT3 badge.
It doesn't have GT3 door sill plates.
It doesn't have a GT3 Rev counter.
It doesn't have GT3 on the GT3 style wheels.
It doesn't have GT3 style door pulls to match the yellow seat belts.
It doesn't have GT3 style Alcantara trimmings inside.
And it doesn't have a GT3 style centre exhaust.

Phew. That was lucky. It's a totally stock car. Just how I like em!

And I am a complete liar who doesn't care.

Loving the colour, look forward to your comparison report👍

AND..... it doesn't have a GT3 Moustache ? 😂

That looks absolutely cracking 👍 attention to detail...... that's gotta bring a smile to your face ,

Quite liking the more modern interior. But it still feels quite retro.

And funky yellow seat belts & stitching.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back