Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Underside Cleaning Advice

SpennyUK71

Hi all

Can anyone recommend any products or techniques to help remove the baked on oil/dirt on the underside of my C4?

I have used a pressure washer and scrubbing brush with the likes of Gunk, Auto Glym engine cleaner and Meguiars APC, but I am still struggling as the photo will show.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :thumb:

Attachments

• 30641c5a_ceea_4b99_b699_02c1b04862d9_696.png
    30641c5a_ceea_4b99_b699_02c1b04862d9_696.png
    1 MB · Views: 3,790
That soda blasting looks superb.

MC

I,me sure I have seen on YouTube someone using a jet wash patio cleaner inverted. Never tried it but thought it was a good idea.

Isn't that light brown stuff the original colinite that was applied by the factory :?:

drive it more and in the rain.

wont have to worry then :D

Soda blasting looks good for the ally.

I've found TFR and clean brake cleaner + plenty of elbow grease get's the ally clean too.

For the rest of the underside a long handled brush, TFR and a RSI did the trick.

That light brown stuff looks like the original Porsche coating. No need for that to come off other than for display purposes?

Brake cleaner quite effective on oily stuff. I also use Bilt Hamber degreaser stuff (forget the name), followed by some corrosion protection.

Bilt Hamber Surfex HD is the best degreaser / all purpose cleaner that I've used.

Zingari said:
Isn't that light brown stuff the original colinite that was applied by the factory :?:

Could be, I didn't think of that!

To remove such dirt, you can try using an ordinary dishwashing detergent. Such products are good at removing oils, so you can try them. If this does not help you, then as an option, you can try expensive detergent analogues. These can be different brands of cleaners. The main thing is that it is stated that it is for cleaning oil stains. If even that option doesn't work for you, then you can use Sparkle Wash Upstate. For me, it's an excellent way to deal with issues I'm not as good at as I'd like to be. Have you had any luck yet?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back