Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Question about key

Maxthedane

Hi

I've had a quick search but can't find an answer to what might be a relatively simple question.

I've been locking my car with a press of the key fob. I think I double pressed it quickly this morning and the horn honked - is this a 'deadlock'. Is double click different to single click as far as locking the car is concerned?

thanks

Paul

The honk you heard is the car telling you that something is open. Obvious things would be a door, frunk or the engine cover. Less obvious things are the glovebox, centre stowage and iirc the door storage covers.

If you double press the locking/unlocking button you'll be locking the car and then unlocking it again.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep an ear out for the honk & double check if it happens again.

Paul

If you leave a dog in the car and lock it then it will trigger the alarm due to the interior monitoring sensor .. it senses movement .

you double press the fob button to deactivate this part of the alarm system so that any movement in the car will not trigger the alarm .

Horns beeps and the indicators should flash to tell you you have activated this type of alarm lock .

Its something i use often when trying to find a battery discharge fault and i have the door open so i have access to the fuses to test for a discharge .

Im guessing it will be in the handbook .

thanks Iain

Seems like I was wrong with
T8 said:
If you double press the locking/unlocking button you'll be locking the car and then unlocking it again.

It's a long while since I used a 996 key. Sorry. :oops:

P 21 of the owner's manual , locking conditions.. image below ..

I don't have a PDF of a 997 owners manual so cant check but i think its going to be the same .. give it a try :)

T8 was perfectly correct but on a one press of the button .

Attachments

• manual_1_904.jpg
    manual_1_904.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 1,047

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back