Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Finally got the 993 where I wanted

johne

After 3 years finally got everything done how I wanted on the 993. Had a big service at the beginning of the month. Took the boxes off to hayward and Scott for bypass pipes. So the car now sounds like it should of from the factory. Not to intrusive but nice. And finally the air conditioning thanks so much Tore as it proved to be a unconnected vacuum pipe. Can't wait to get out for an early morning blast

It's such a nice feeling to have your car 'sorted". you can spend endlessly on a 993 but 90% of it is not actually necessary so its so nice when you get it where YOU want it and can enjoy it for what it is :thumb:

So true. I've had cars where your so worried about using them because of value. Mileage, stone chips, ceramic brake discs, this I don't really care about miles or stone chips I just use it when I want. OK its not mega fast but it loves being ragged. I believe this is a keeper :)

Johne, great to read that you seem to have adopted the mind-set to enable you to really enjoy your 993 :thumb: Been there and done that and greatly enjoyed the experience, I hope you do too.. :)

Good post johne; I am very seriously thinking of a 993 and one of the attractions, oddly enough, is its mileage which is slightly over 100k. A couple of mates (who each spend £400+ per month on leased new cars) say "are you mad? All that money and it's done over 100k miles? You crazy fool! Don't you know it's about to explode?"

My answers are that firstly it's a 993 where the engine, if looked after, goes on a long time; secondly that because it has high mileage (relative to the average sports car) I'll actually be able to drive it without cringing at the loss of value.

The Porsche low-mileage paradox: you buy a low mileage car but never drive it because if you do it won't be low mileage any more..............

Counter Of Beans said:
Good post johne; I am very seriously thinking of a 993 and one of the attractions, oddly enough, is its mileage which is slightly over 100k. A couple of mates (who each spend £400+ per month on leased new cars) say "are you mad? All that money and it's done over 100k miles? You crazy fool! Don't you know it's about to explode?"

My answers are that firstly it's a 993 where the engine, if looked after, goes on a long time; secondly that because it has high mileage (relative to the average sports car) I'll actually be able to drive it without cringing at the loss of value.

The Porsche low-mileage paradox: you buy a low mileage car but never drive it because if you do it won't be low mileage any more..............

So true, thats a big part of why I recently went from a low mileage 981GTS to a relatively high mileage 987.2 ie I can now tinker and drive without fear of value or warranty :thumb:

jonttt said:
So true, thats a big part of why I recently went from a low mileage 981GTS to a relatively high mileage 987.2 ie I can now tinker and drive without fear of value or warranty :thumb:

Why don't you just drive the 993 more? Or is there a risk of scatching the onyx plinth it rests on :floor:

My friend was porsche young mechenic of the year in 1992. He said he can count on one hand how many 993 engines he has had to rebuild surely that's a testament to the engine obviously anyone can be unlucky

johne said:
My friend was porsche young mechenic of the year in 1992. He said he can count on one hand how many 993 engines he has had to rebuild surely that's a testament to the engine obviously anyone can be unlucky

The Indie I bought my 993 from said he couldn't remember the last time a 993 was delivered to his garage on a breakdown truck.

Zingari said:
jonttt said:

Why don't you just drive the 993 more? Or is there a risk of scatching the onyx plinth it rests on :floor:

I just can't bring myself to sell it, it is there when I want it, one day :bandit:

The point I was making is that mine is also 'where I want it" in terms of tinkering, which is such a nice feeling :thumb:

Good work on getting it to where you want it to, I have don ethe same with mine at last !!

Using it every day now, did 250 miles in it yesterday and it was a joy !!

Phib

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back