Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alarm issues

Locosaki

My car has just recently developed an issue with the alarm.

When I first lock the car with the remote the car locks no problem but within a minute or so the siren is going off, If I then unlock the car with the remote the alarm stops sounding. It seems to do this a few times before settling down and working as it should.

When I press the key fob twice (deadlocking maybe) I get a quiet beep from the horn, is this normal, doesn't happen when locking the car with pushing the fob once.

If you double press the alarm fob on locking then it turns off interior monitoring .. ie you leave a dog in the car but want to lock it .. dog will move and trigger the alarm , this stops that .

Alarm going off when locked .. you need a tester connected to see whats happening im afraid .. center console cubby switch is one .. but it's pretty much any part of the alarm system so you need to know what is triggering it .

Alarm events / activation on a tester will tell you .

Thanks deMort, I'll try and get it on the tester this week to see if anything shows up.

Doing the double press off the fob allows me to lock the car without alarm going off now at least.

Thanks again

Just to follow this up, turns out the tilt sensor was at fault. Currently disconnected and the alarm is back to working as it should.

If it's the external .. white box tilt sensor next to the battery then that makes sense .. it's also something that needs to be coded off .. there is a modified version that sits under the passenger seat .. old type corrodes on the wiring plug.

It can if not connected but coded on give random alarm triggers .. and you just know that's going to be at 2am !!!

Im afraid ive seen it as i had to go out to a customers house and code it off after a mechanic had removed it but not done so and it kept triggering .. OPC days btw .

Maybe just keep an eye on it for now .. but just so you're aware it can trigger in this state .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back