Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Order placed for new Macan

Seventy Seven

Barcelona
So, the deed is done and deposit paid!

Long wait until 01 March 2020 however.....

Spec as below:

Macan 2.0

Volcano Grey Metallic
21 inch RS Spyder Design Alloys
14-way memory seats, Black Leather
Panoramic roof
Park Assist (Front and Rear) incl. rear camera
Front Heated windscreen
Front and Rear Heated Seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Privacy Glass
Sports tailpipes in black
Collapsible spare wheel
PASM
Power Assist Plus

👍😀

2.0 litre 4 cylinder over the 3.0 V6 :?:

PASM was a big dilemma for me when I specced a Macan. I ended up cancelling the order after lockdown so not an issue in the end but my final spec had it off. Is it better on the new versions ?

And out of interest have Porsche asked you to sign any form of Brexit charge waiver (mixed reports of manufacturers starting to do that for post October 2019 deliveries) ?

911UK said:
2.0 litre 4 cylinder over the 3.0 V6 :?:

My Mrs has one as the family run-around and the 2 litre is fine. It runs out of puff above 70 mph but I reckon it has a better balance than the bigger engined cars - certainly the old diesel unit.

Porsche give the Macan a sports image and play on the fact its the best handling SUV, but that's the problem. It's an SUV!
When we came back from the test drive the salesman actually said 'It handles just like a 911". I just had to laugh and remind him we've got a 911 :floor:
However, it is a great family car and was a more palatable alternative to the JLR rubbish she was looking at :frustrated:

:hand: I got one of the JLR rubbish instead in the end for SWMBO ........but only because it justified me getting a 981GTS with the 'change" :grin:

I love the Macans and they will be on my shortlist again when due for a change :thumb:

That's a fair deal :thumb: :D

I got short shrift when I suggest a nice Skoda estate :floor:

The thing that disappoints most with JLR is the quality of the plastics (unless you go higher up the model range and get leather coverings) and overall perception of value (for me, anyway). But round my way all the women love them - every 'yummy mummy" has one.

Agree Cameo. Usually in white & the none 4 wheel drive "entry level" spec.

PASM a waste of time on UK roads. Unless the roads are uber smooth with it on your teeth fill be chattering.

Had it on the Cayenne with air suspension. Suspension set up was great without PASM on

As I have the 911 and Macan is a family car, 2.0 is adequate for us.

I test drove the Gen 2 and it's actually quite nippy and I was happy with it.

I added PASM and Power Assisting Plus. Again, both for comfort/ease for wife. Especially as I've gone for the 21s. Some support for this on the Macan Forum from a wide range of owners.

They have agreed the following re tariffs etc:

We will refund your deposit should the Brexit put into effect a 10% importation tax. It is something we will review with customers should it happen and if you wish to not proceed we would honour that.

This is obviously all pretty standard. Been told that lockdown will be Nov/Dec and if at that time there is a price hike, I will have the option of walking away with my full deposit. Let's see what BoJo can sort! 🤣🤔

I just need to drive my 911 more and not less when the Macan arrives!!

Cameo said:
That's a fair deal :thumb: :D

I got short shrift when I suggest a nice Skoda estate :floor:

The thing that disappoints most with JLR is the quality of the plastics (unless you go higher up the model range and get leather coverings) and overall perception of value (for me, anyway). But round my way all the women love them - every 'yummy mummy" has one.

Agreed with the JLR which is why SWMBO had to have an autobiography :roll:

Still at least one of the cars cost me virtually nothing to own for 2.5 years :grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back