Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Intermittent Loss of Power

DaddyPax

My 2005 997 runs like a dream but over the past few weeks I've experience loss of power momentarily. I've read other posts about a similar experience when pulling away or with a cold engine. My experience can happen on a warm engine when driving. As an example, I'm driving along at say 40 then gently accelerate but nothing happens. I lift my foot then repress the accelerator and it works fine. On a recent 100miler this happened about 5 times. Only a minor inconvenience at the moment but clearly not right and worried it could be the symptoms of something more serious.

Billy Bumpsteer said:
Maybe they can help in the 997 forum?

:thumb: Moved from the 964 sub-forum.

I'm afraid there's very little you can do without a tester and looking at possible fault codes and actual values for the throttle potentiometers .

One thing to try .. especially if you have recently had a flat battery ..

Turn the ignition on but don't start the car or touch the throttle pedal for 30 seconds .. at which point turn the ignition off , lock the car then drive it and see .

Thats an adaption but it can also be done and indeed checked if it knows these settings via a tester .

Clean out the throttle body is another but it would have to be pretty damn dirty to cause this i feel .

Have this on mine, happens occasionally, couple of hundred miles between occurrences, almost always when pulling out of a junction within 5 minutes of starting. Haven't solved it yet, Indy is suggesting a new software map as a start.
I have read forums which suggest many things, including wheel sensors causing the PASM to cut the throttle momentarily, throttle sensor, etc, I'm not sure there is an easy fix but keep us posted.

Mine has had a flat battery over the winter so I will try deMort's suggestion.

Sometimes it's the easiest and cheapest option that can remedy this problem. I had intermittently too, until I changed my air filter during a major service. I believe the most common reason is due to cracked coil packs.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back