Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Indicator Stalks and Cruise control

Hughb

Call me tight but imho the price for 996.613.217 three stalk or 996.613.219 four stalk indicators is excessive. £240 upto £320 and ebay prices aren't that far behind! Looking at posts on this subject some years ago the prices seemed ok, especially as the 4 stalk was cheaper that the 3 stalk....not now, though!

I want to do the cruise control upgrade option. I need either:
996.613.217 indicators, wipers and cruise ( I can add my existing OBC)..,or
996.613.219 indicators, wipers and cruise and OBC

All four variations of the stalks seem to be commonly replaced for non returning indicator stalks (caused by the snapping of an internal plastic part ... un-repairable).

Does anyone have a dead one (for indicator problem) of the types shown above that they are willing to sell to me on which I can do some transplant surgery .... namely cruise control from donor to mine ... or ... indicator innards from mine to donor. Either way it is going to involve complete disassembly of both units ( I tried to buy one on ebay and the seller had actually thrown it away by the time I made him an offer! )

Call me tight and a glutton for punishment.... (I like a challenge!)

Hugh

I've just bought a replacement 3 stalker on eBay for non-return indicator. Should be getting it installed next week sometime

PM me if you're interested in buying my old one for donor parts - I was going to list on eBay to recoup some of the cost

Cheers

I had your intentions but after a few phone calls got my cruise control installed by a well respected indy for £380 all in and gave me my old stalk unit back which I flogged on eBay for £70.

I only paid £165 in April for a 3 stalk assembly (indicators, wipers & cruise) which I swapped my OBC stalk onto.
I then sold my (now two stalk) unit for £92

Indicators work perfectly on the new and the old.

Have a look at nine8six eBay seller - It's where I got mine from :thumb:

I just checked my invoice and i paid £223.99 for the 4 stalk from carparts4less.co.uk 23/8/2018
its currently £309 delivered.
I personally would fit the new one as any repair will last how long? the plastic gets brittle with age so repairing old ones in this instance I feel would be wasting your time. my 2p worth :?

I think I gave one of these away to someone on here :?

:grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back