Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Sport classic wheels

oldgit st

quick question on OEM sport classic wheels ? for a 2006 997.1 C4S cab

interested in a set of OEM sport classic wheels (cant find any second hand :-( ) but new they list them for the 997.2 but not the 997.1.....

Fronts identical
rears the offset etc for my OEM lobster wheels is 11 x et50
The sport classics are 11.5 x et51

Looking at a calculator that's 5mm less clearance inside and extend 7mm further outwards.

Not being 100% ok with stuff like this, in my head it says all would be ok, but rather be safe than sorry so if anyone knows or can give advice would be much appreciated :)

cheers

I expect that's the same as the Carrera Sport that is a Gen 1 wheel.

Cheers for that, but think I'm now confusing myself
:roll:

So, 11.5j rim takes the same tyre size 305 but is wider with this offset by 5mm inside and 7mm outside..... does this mean the 305 tyre is stretching slightly wider.... so visually they actually look wider too?
Sorry if it's stupid question but I can only presume this is the case?

Any help appreciated guys...

Thanks again

Narrow body cars carry a ET 67 offset. You can put 295 or 305 but 295 is the factory tyre.
Wide body carry ET 51 offset and roll on 305 rubber.
So what you need to focus on is the ET as you can run 305 o either wheel realistically speaking.

They will fit fine on those numbers , actually enhancing the stance on your car ( you could even add a 10mm spacer if you wanted a bigger clearance behind & still look ok ) & a 305 30 19 tyre will be perfect .
I recently added 15mm spacers to the rear of my C4 , just couldn't live with the stock "sunken" look , they now sit where they look right as opposed to where they looked wrong ( jmo )

To get a idea here's a pic of mine now , https://www.instagram.com/p/B1N8u2OARXj/ your set of sport classic would be 8mm further in without any spacers :thumb:

Thanks guys, makes sense now, just couldn't get my head round the tyre being the same size on a 11j rim and a 11.5j rim, but suppose it's minimal width difference so tyre works on both rim sizes.... thanks again.

Even the narrow body cars get a 305 on the wider rim. I changed wheels and tyres on my C2S and they looked quite a bit wider than the 10mm difference would suggest.

I can see that, but my c4s has standard 305 wide tyres on lobster claw 11j rim, the sport classic wheel is 11.5j width rim but with same 305 tyres on...
so presume the width will look the same, just didn't know why the extra .5 of width didn't get wider tyre than 305 if you see what I mean....

325 would be the natural size up and a bit big for the 11.5" rim.

You can run 305s on an 11 inch rim and 295s on an 11.5 inch rim if you want. It depends how you want your tyre to look. You could run wider tyres on the 11.5 as well, but much depends on the tyres - as well as the offset - as not all tyres are the same. In particular, the tyre shoulder profile can be very different, even from the same marque. Some are rounded (road tyres), some are very square (semi slicks) and some have the extra rubber rim protector.

Not sure this helps much though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back