Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre console trim: black or tan?

Littlered996

After a failed attempt to 'keep it original", I have taken the plunge and installed a touchscreen double-din with CarPlay and all the gubbins.
It was a bit of a rush before holiday and the car needs to go back to have the cd drawers replaced with a cubby and the usb lead moved into said cubby.

My original thought was that I need a savannah cubby, but given the black climate control block, and the big black screen, I'm now thinking black. Thoughts?

Attachments

• efd2adfe_9365_4b94_9801_7b0dab6f0cc7_469.jpeg
    efd2adfe_9365_4b94_9801_7b0dab6f0cc7_469.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,241
  • d2544eae_f988_410e_ae44_2baeb6789cca_147.jpeg
    d2544eae_f988_410e_ae44_2baeb6789cca_147.jpeg
    26.5 KB · Views: 2,241
Another vote for Black but I would leave the vents and cup holder in original colour

It's a personal thing but I'd be changing as many of the odd bits to black as I could.

You could recolour components in stages using a colour coat kit, then you can make your mind up as you go along!

Personally I like Savannah, but I think Porsche went too monochrome with it- take a look at an F355 interior which uses pretty much the same colour but contrasts it with solid black- looks awesome.

I'd be tempted to do something similar, black carpets, black underside to the dash maybe, keep the dash top and seats, door cards could be Savannah leather and black carpet etc etc

Thanks one and all. I think black cubby, definitely.
Dammit, I'm also a savannah fan. I think it's very exterior-colour dependent. Definitely the right colour for a dark red exterior like mine. I have black carpets and think the 'mostly black" centre console is the way to go. Not quite ready to give up my savannah air vents and cup holder though!!

Air vents

..hope you don't mind me dangling this query onto your thread.... but it's in the same ball park as regards topic.

My 2003 C2 has silver air vents in the centre console which look the part ... but either side they are plain black which look cheap by comparison.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get these LH and RH vents with silver vanes?

Buy the parts you want to turn black from ebay, so if you want to return to oem you can

Hughb - You can but you might as well just pop your fins out and spray them yourself, not hard to do

Air vents

Hi Kingston

Sounded like good idea, but checking the centre vent slats, they are actually metallic, not silver painted .... (if not solid metal, then metallised plastic, as in a metal plating process on the plastic, can anyone confirm this? )

I don't think me and a silver paint aerosol are going to come up with anything to 'look the part' when comparing with my centre vent slats.

The thumb wheels appear to be similarly metallic. Can anyone shed any light as to whether the side vents are available in this silver metallic configuration?

Air vents

Treble post, no idea how!

Side air vents with artic silver slats and thumbwheel

Following on from my query about trying to match the side vents (currently in black) to the rather nice metallic silver centre vents, I have done what I should have done in the first place ..... check out the Porsche parts suppliers to see if such a thing exists.....

It does! Great, let's get some ...... just check out the price....

EXCUSE ME, WHAT!!, HOW MUCH??... £8 change from £1400 (one thousand four hundred pounds) ??!!

I've had an idea.....
....... darling, it's my birthday soon, any chance you could get me a trinket for my new toy, the Porsche 996 (about which you are not that enthusiastic).... I was thinking of a couple of teeny weeny air vents, ...nothing very much, here's the part number and the website address......you can order them and then it will be a surprise!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back