Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can't set the date... no, really can't! PCM2

cvega

Hi folks, recently had a breakdown related to fuel pump and as battery is weak, i presume the car was in the garage for a few days - and thus the battery got dangerously low at some point....

Now, it won't let me set the date. It seems to be 1/3/2000...

Yes, I have a navigation CD and navigation seems to work fine. I can set the time, but not date. What the hell do i do? :D

I have the same issue so would be very interested in the replies.

Mine has been like it for about 6 months and at the time I found out that the date CANNOT be set and sets automatically through the satellites. I had several suggestions to 'go for a drive' and 'leave it outside the garage', 'it needs more than 4 satellites to set'. All rubbish I believe because I have been up to 11 satellites I think and it still will not set.

Mine was also down to a battery issue, disconnecting it in fact.

Would like to get mine sorted too, mine is actually blank in between the time and the temperature on the PCM...

cvega said:
Hi folks, recently had a breakdown related to fuel pump and as battery is weak, i presume the car was in the garage for a few days - and thus the battery got dangerously low at some point....

Now, it won't let me set the date. It seems to be 1/3/2000...

Yes, I have a navigation CD and navigation seems to work fine. I can set the time, but not date. What the hell do i do? :D

I had the same problem - put in a sat nav destination and let it calculate the route and as if by magic it set the date correctly!

Good shout, I'll try that later - I never actually use this navigation to get anywhere :floor:

I had the same issue on my PCM1.

As Haywood, I put in a destination, followed it and then everything was set correctly on the next ignition cycle after a sleep cycle..

I tried setting destination (that works OK and it navigates so GPS is fine), but the date remains 1/3/2000.
To be honest I'm not too fussed, just odd that it happened now - I've had the car run out of battery loads of time before...

I put the disc in and planned a route yesterday (boy that woman in the pcm is assertive!) and the date remained at year 2000.

I guess the Satellite GPS week number formatting explains it.

Demort - Thanks for researching the issue.

Ian

Yep mines bloody well defaulted to year 2000 now too.......must ignore OCD it's only a freakin date..... :frustrated:

Glad it's not just mine then. By the sound of it from deMort's research it will likely affect all of us from now on if we need to swap out the battery or reset the PCM. I'll just have to get over the OCD aspect. Might put some black tape over the date display :pc:

Another reason to swap it out for a basic Continental DAB unit! Just the hurdle of fibre optics to deal with!

I never used to notice the date - now its wrong I look at it all the time!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back