Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sound package plus head unit

Oldgitst

Hi all, excellent forum.
I'm looking to upgrade the head unit in my 997 and would just like some advice on installation....
I have found out it's a sound package plus system, so 9 speakers with the ASK linear amp in the frunk driving the door subs and central speaker.
I'm happy with sound and only want to change the head unit for a more modern one.
There seems to be a few wiring harness adapters and I gather I do not need the fibre optic thing, but I'm unsure what I do actually need and will the amp still work correctly or is it coded to the original head unit.... any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Unfortunately there are a number of variables to what you may need - steering wheel controls, CD Player - but fortunately there are solutions to all of them.
As you say the amp is in the frunk I assume you have a Gen 1 car with a PCM 2.1?
This thread (by some that have actually done it!) should get you up and running as you may have to activate the amp even though the audio is via standard ISO connection, so you may not need any adapters as such.

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=111204&sid=8a2fcae19e055a7dbc27acefae805600

Cheers for the reply, no steering wheel controls to worry about, and yes gen 1 2006 model. Satnav in drunk and cd slots in glovebox....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back