Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sorry, Wheel Fitment Again!

MarkC4S

Now I am being asked if my Sport Design alloys from 997.2 C4S will fit a Gen 1 C2S?

I suspect not directly, but is there any way they can be made to fit?
Thanks in advance.

Mark

Fronts are same for both 2 wheel and 4 wheel drive.

The rears are the same apart from the offset.

2 wheel drive have an ET67 offset and 4 wheel drive have an ET51 offset - so 16mm difference.

They will fit but will need 15mm spacers to bring the position of the wheel back to where it should be.

They will stick out further without any spacers.

Magic919 said:
They will stick out further without any spacers.

Sorry - Yes Magic is right - I got it the wrong way around!

They will fit, but it would be like having 16mm spacers on the standard wheels - which is no bad thing as many people space the rear wheels out that amount anyway!

Apologies for tagging onto this thread but I have heard conflicting stories as to whether the Kerscher 'Fuchs" style wheels will fit a narrow body car.

Kercher say yes but when I was stood next to a set in Dinslaken at the FVD Brombacher stall the guys there said no, apparently the tyre that used to allow them to fit has been redesigned and the sidewall no longer clears ??

Thoughts

Attachments

• 263d320b_cc4d_4da2_9647_155b36eb755e_100.jpeg
    263d320b_cc4d_4da2_9647_155b36eb755e_100.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,035
I would be pretty confident they would fit a narrow body car. They are wide body offset and 11" wide - the same width as standard, so would be the same as fitting narrow body wheels with a 15mm spacer - which many people do with no issues.

If I wanted to fill out the arches further on my narrow body car, I would rather use wide body rear wheels than narrow body rear wheels and 15mm spacers.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back