Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie with 996tt x50 from Berkshire looking for upgrades

Moles1988

Hi people, having owned my 996tt for around 5 years now I'm abit disappointed for not joining this forum sooner! I'm looking at maybe having some performance upgrades done and was wondering whether you guys could recommend a reputable and reliable garage I could contact? All comments would be much appreciated. Thanks

Welcome. For me, Fearnsport. Slippery slope. You will need deep pockets and long arms. I'm on my third round of upgrades now.

MC

:welcome: to 911uk Moles',

Better late than never. :thumb:

Depending on where in the country you are, you've got Fearnsport as already said and, down south, NineExcellence.

Not so much on the performance side, but assuming that you are already aware of Northway near Reading for more regular maintenance/servicing etc

Or Wrightune (Wallingford) - plenty of Mezger knowledge there too.

MisterCorn said:
Welcome. For me, Fearnsport. Slippery slope. You will need deep pockets and long arms. I'm on my third round of upgrades now.

MC
Yes I've been informed this may be the case! :roll:
I've been looking at different options for upgrades, you can get a plug and play performance pack for around £750 or pay ££££'s for individual Ecu re maps. Has anyone you know on this site had a plug and play fitted and what are the performance gains vs value for money?

Cheers in advance :thumb:

mikeluke said:
Not so much on the performance side, but assuming that you are already aware of Northway near Reading for more regular maintenance/servicing etc

Yes I've been using Northway for my services and everything else in between for the past 4/5 years, can't speak highly of them enough! After having taken my turbo to Porsche centre in Reading for its first service after having owned it, they came back with a list of bits that 'needed' doing and after having a second opinion at Northway they assured me that none of them were necessary! They said all 996tt's the similar age all were the same.
Safe to say I won't be making a trip back to Porsche anytime soon!

I have the 9E38 package on my (non-X50) 996T.
I am impressed with the difference it makes.
Ken's a good guy, give him a call to discuss the options :thumb:

Hi Moles1988

I would reccomend Ken and his Team at Nine Excellence. I have used them more than a little bit and very happy

Matt at FernSport is highly thought of, but i have not used him for my modification progrmme

Regards Faried

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back