Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My First 911 "” 1998 996 c2 manual with factory Aero kit

Pauldeacs80

Hi all,

After owning far too many cars to count including 3 Porsche 944 I have finally achieved my goal of owning a 911. This 996 came up in the spec I wanted at a reasonable price so I went for it. Flew up to Leeds from Cornwall and drove it back the 5.5 hours. Lovely drive back, couldn't be happier. A few minor niggles to sort but nothing too terrible.

1998 Carrera 2 manual
Factory aero kit
Black Extended leather
Cable throttle
997 18" wheels
Dansk sport exhaust system
Relatively recent full engine rebuild by Hartech inc cylinder retainer rings, IMS and RMS mods

Plans are to drive it daily while tidying up a few little age related issues. , I'm no fan of cars being parked up as garage queens, cars are machines to be driven and is a crying shame to not drive w car like this as often as possible.

:welcome: to 911uk and to 911 ownership.

Better late than never. :D

Always aimed to have one by the age of 30, didn't manage it but did have a couple of 944. Next aim was to have a 911 by time I was 40..... I'm currently 39!

enjoy. my first 911 was that silver with aero kit. C2 with mo30 and LSD.

loved it to bits and drove it everywhere. was a huge amount of fun.

am now on 911 number 5!! once they are under your skin your never leave. if you do you come back quick.

well done and have a blast in it.

That looks a really nice car, sounds like it should be pretty full proof after all that work done on it.

Nice purchase! I was going to bid on that one if I didn't win mine a few days earlier ;)

I hope it goes well!

Great looking car, enjoy!!

That was was a bargain 996 especially with aero kit. Welcome to 996 ownership

Exact same spec as my car. Enjoy!
Also, take all the weight out that you can and fit a less aggressive front anti-roll bar. You can thank me later..

Few more photos can be seen in the members gallery area at http://911uk.com/viewtopic.phpt=135406

So a week or so on and I've had time to have a good poke around. Seems it needs the two metals pad link pipes replaced and possibly the brake line over the gearbox could do with replacement soon.

Next weekend I plan on removing the side skirts to investigate the state of the sills, I'm expecting a bit of rot as after all it's a 1998 car that's had side skirts all of its life. Nothing a welder and some steel can't sort if need be!

I must say these 996 are such an easy car to work on, my wife and I also own a Audi TT 225that we race and that thing is a pig to work on.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back