Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo Exhaust Options

Haywoon

Evening folks I've recently changed my 4S for a manual 996 turbo coupe which I'm very pleased with.

But......the exhaust, I knew it would be quieter compared to the factory PSE on my 4S but it sounds like a hair dryer in comparison and leaves me feeling a bit underwhelmed.

I've used the search function on this forum and see Kline are a popular choice (and also big money new). Trouble is most of the posts are a few years old now so I'm keen to hear more up to date views......

What's the latest thinking on getting a bit more noise out of a turbo without ruining it? Anyone have any recommendations or video clips or maybe even something sat in your garage you want to sell me! I know vid clips are not ideal but I've searched YouTube but can't find anything conclusive.

Ideally I'd like to buy a decent used aftermarket option.

Thanks in advance

Have you tried the forum sponsors - Topgear? May be worth a chat with them if you are looking for a custom sound?

My Kline (200 cell HJS cats) is nice but don't expect PSE-rivalling noise from any Turbo regardless of spend level.

Scholester said:
Have you tried the forum sponsors - Topgear? May be worth a chat with them if you are looking for a custom sound?

My Kline (200 cell HJS cats) is nice but don't expect PSE-rivalling noise from any Turbo regardless of spend level.

Thank you that sounds like good advice.

I think I must be the only person who actually likes the turbo to be quiet, I find it gives me more opportunities to have a bit of fun without attracting attention!

Mac996t said:
I think I must be the only person who actually likes the turbo to be quiet, I find it gives me more opportunities to have a bit of fun without attracting attention!

You're not :wink: some noise is good, but for me living in London too much of it draws unwanted attention so I personally don't mind if they are quieter.

Europipe have been making the best exhaust for this car for approaching 20 yrs. Your car has an engine worth £50,000. Put the best components available on the car IMO and you'll have a happy turbo. Better off leaving the stock exhaust on or waiting for a used Europipe compared to some of the suggestions on here IMO which mostly all throw CELs for fun without a remap.

:agree: IMI A and I have these these fitted they really sound good.

IMI A said:
Europipe have been making the best exhaust for this car for approaching 20 yrs. Your car has an engine worth £50,000. Put the best components available on the car IMO and you'll have a happy turbo. Better off leaving the stock exhaust on or waiting for a used Europipe compared to some of the suggestions on here IMO which mostly all throw CELs for fun without a remap.

Europipe you say - that's a new one on me. Having researched just now I see why you also say wait for a used one to come up 8)

No connection to this fellow but maybe give it a whirl and PM him? Worth every penny. Rolex of exhausts for 996 t in terms of comparison to the OEM exhaust. Your car will not need tune or throw CELs with this either. The 100cel oversized emitec cats are the reason why its so expensive compared to others as no emissions issues at all with this exhaust and its free flowing better for your engine.

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=133474&sid=81fe14242541cc24135c73a4ec7898ba

IMI A said:
No connection to this fellow but maybe give it a whirl and PM him? Worth every penny. Rolex of exhausts for 996 t in terms of comparison to the OEM exhaust. Your car will not need tune or throw CELs with this either. The 100cel oversized emitec cats are the reason why its so expensive compared to others as no emissions issues at all with this exhaust and its free flowing better for your engine.

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=133474&sid=81fe14242541cc24135c73a4ec7898ba

Thanks for that I hadnt seen that ad.......£2k.....I now need to do some thinking thats a lot of cash but it also a lot of exhaust!!!

Kline would get my vote as I have one on my car. I made a video a while back (not a very good video visually but you can clearly hear the exhaust).

Never heard the other one mentioned but hopefully you can make your own decision based on hearing both.

As someone said you will never get as good a sound as a NA engine but you can get something worth rolling down the window when going through a tunnel.

https://youtu.be/4nhbzoFXFaA

I've got a Carnewal on mine, very happy with it.

+1 another vote here for Europipe. I also recommend having a good sound test from inside the car too to make sure whichever you choose doesn't drone (like the Miltek I had prior to the Europipe did!)

HTH

:thumb:

I have a Europipe Stage ii quiet with about 5k miles on it available.

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back