Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which quick £20k(ish) estate, auto, 4WD, petrol?

Roro

Sebring
Have so far narrowed the choice down to the following:

VW Golf R estate - good availability, good reviews, overall my first choice

Seat Leon Cupra estate - good reviews like the Golf, but availability seems limited 2nd hand

Audi S4 Avant - my current view is it's a pricier substitute for the Golf, but despite larger exterior dimensions seems to have less interior space than the Golf

Audi RS4 Avant - as above but faster and more pricey

Audi RSQ3 - currently the outsider but reviews are good and engine seems highly rated and characterful. I know the Q3 isn't an estate but it kind of fits the mould as it's relatively small for an SUV

Car is going to be used daily so running costs are a consideration

However having said that, I do keep looking at 80k mile 10 year old RS6's but that would probably be an incredibly foolish road to travel down. It's only a big estate car with a V10 Lamborghini 570bhp engine afterall

Any experience of the above cars welcome

The car will replace my M2 which isn't practical enough for my needs anymore. Another option is to keep the M2 and get an old auto estate for under £5k (like a V70), but initial thought is to replace the M2 and get something relatively new / modern / reliable / fast

8)

I'd keep the M2 and get an S/RS/6 V10... I ran a 2007 S6 V10 as a daily years ago and was so comfortable and sounded immense with the milltek exhaust

I'm selling my 2015 S4 Avant shortly. It's bright red, alcantara seats, 19's etc. Black edition too with B&O stereo.

Full audi history on 50k miles, original panels & paint. Lovely car but my Mrs can't drive it so it needs to go.

Am looking for £22K which I think its sensible.

If you're interested let me know

:thumb:

baldguy said:
I'd keep the M2 and get an S/RS/6 V10... I ran a 2007 S6 V10 as a daily years ago and was so comfortable and sounded immense with the milltek exhaust

Issue is if I keep the M2 then the new car needs to be very economical one way or another if running alongside - hence the £5k comment earlier :) and I'm assuming your suggestions are way over that

-ollie- said:
I'm selling my 2015 S4 Avant shortly. It's bright red, alcantara seats, 19's etc. Black edition too with B&O stereo.

Full audi history on 50k miles, original panels & paint. Lovely car but my Mrs can't drive it so it needs to go.

Am looking for £22K which I think its sensible.

If you're interested let me know

Thanks but I'm after dealer trappings - I want to PX the M2 and take the new motor on finance as I'll likely only have it a year or 2 then want rid :eek: :lol:

Must it be petrol?
Some of the big derv cars from Audi and BMW offer staggering roll on performance along with low running costs.
Being the new ginger step child of motoring means diesel cars are remarkable value right now!

At this stage the answer is yes, it must be petrol, as I frequently journey into the ULEZ around London. Having said that I think Euro 6 diesels are exempt so might consider a diesel in that bucket. However having accidentally filled my old DMAX Blade with petrol once I'm keen not to repeat the experience with another vehicle :grin:

Have you considered some of the AMG cars?

Or the M5 touring v10s are about £20k

No hadn't really considered those as if I'm going for big power in a car like this I want AWD. Family road trips to Europe or winter driving here I want the comfort of knowing the car can drag itself out of trouble if needed. I did always fancy a C63, but it's not really what I'm after. Or is it... hmm

No 335d or 340i touring in your list, just seen a 2017 less than 20k miles for £21k on auto trader

Thinking of getting one myself

I fancy a change so not really looking at another BMW. I had a look on AT and couldn't see a 340 touring at that price. There's a 2017 320i Touring xDrive though with 9k miles for 19.5k, did you mean that?

I had a few Golf R's. The only thing I hated was a initial bit of lag on the throttle . A pedal box ( DTUK) or similar will transform the drive. It has to be DSG gearbox. Good luck Roro

Hello mate, by the looks of your sig I'd say you've owned every Golf R in the country :grin: cheers for the tip, will look at that if I go for one :thumb:

Why does it need to be an estate? kids in the back?

My tall kids are now 9 & 11 and have been too cramped in our A4 estate for the last year.

The skoda superb sportline was on our shortlist. 280hp, 4WD petrol estate. Masses of space in the back.

In the end we upped the budget and got an XC90 T8 hybrid (7 seats, 407 bhp, 0-60 in 5.5s!)

Hmmmmm big car, has to be diesel, surely not dead just yet and some bargains to be had. Loved all my golfs, but then I got the Merc, and realised I'd had cotton all those years when I could have had silk, a little like the new Mrs SBSP...
E class, there is no substitute! Space, economy, and err it's an e class!

Roro said:
Hello mate, by the looks of your sig I'd say you've owned every Golf R in the country :grin: cheers for the tip, will look at that if I go for one :thumb:
:hand:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back