Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Elmstone Classics, Canterbury - A positive review!

jboy

Silverstone
I wanted to highlight some positive experiences I have recently had with a Porsche dealer that seems little known in the Porsche fraternity. Google is definitely NOT your friend.

Elmstone Classics offered me a very good part exchange price for my 996 c2 and their 996 turbo was fairly priced, and I did the deal about 6 weeks ago. Dan, the owner, drove the turbo to me (60 or so miles) and we swapped notes and paperwork in my lounge. He was VERY keen to see my c2 started from cold, which is fair enough, and he was very accomodating with arranging a PPI on the turbo with an independent garage and so I did not feel the same paranoia....

A very nice guy, passionate about the marque, and a very easy transaction.

Of course that is the easy part...... A week ago, I was driving home from Sussex, when I noticed that the car was not boosting as it should. It is not that easy to notice in day to day driving, because a 996 turbo at 0.4 bar is still a quick car, but 0.4 was the top whack. Once you notice that, you want more and it just wouldn't come. When I got home, I did the usual googling, and there were a few things it could have been, but "safe mode" it was in.

I must admit, at that point I DID think, damnit - why didnt I buy a car from 911 Virgin or 9e with the sort of warranty so cast iron you cant even pick it up. I am not a fan of conflict, and there have been times I have sorted simple things myself just because it is easier - but when a 911 turbo isn't boosting there isnt much I can do about it.

So I got in touch with Dan the following day and within 30 seconds he sent me the mobile number of his mechanic and told me to get in touch with him and it would be sorted. 30 seconds after that he texted me to say that Jo at HP Porsche was expecting my call. Jo, conveniently, is based in Ilford so a bit handier for me than Canterbury. I drove the car to Jo a day later and indeed all was sorted, as confirmed by my drive home this evening!

Evidently, it was not major mechanical failure (it was an actuator valve) but sitll very pleased with this service.

Jo, incidentally, was also a delight to deal with.

If I was in the market for a 997.2 convertible, I would most definitely be down to Elmstone to look at the one they have in stock. Looks very nice in the pics....... and I did consider it seriously before making the offer for the turbo! In the end I decided I wasnt quite ready to leave the 996 fold.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back